Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Easton, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a Supercharger is planned for the Royal Farms in Easton, MD. Information from Miss Utility.

Type of Work: INST OF CHARGING STATION
Work Being Done For: TESLA
Explosives: N
Permit:
MDOT Permit:
Job Number:

DIG SITE LOCATION

State: MD
County: TALBOT
Place: EASTON
Subdivision:
Address: 7655
Street: OCEAN GATEWAY
Intersecting Street: DUTCHMANS LN
Extent of Work: MARK THE PARKING LOT AREA ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE PROP
Remarks: DESIGNER TICKET
Map Coord NW Lat: 38.7600740
Lon: -76.0630236
SE Lat: 38.7579902

Looks like a Supercharger is planned for the Royal Farms in Easton, MD. Information from Miss Utility.

Type of Work: INST OF CHARGING STATION
Work Being Done For: TESLA
Explosives: N
Permit:
MDOT Permit:
Job Number:

DIG SITE LOCATION

State: MD
County: TALBOT
Place: EASTON
Subdivision:
Address: 7655
Street: OCEAN GATEWAY
Intersecting Street: DUTCHMANS LN
Extent of Work: MARK THE PARKING LOT AREA ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE PROP
Remarks: DESIGNER TICKET
Map Coord NW Lat: 38.7600740
Lon: -76.0630236
SE Lat: 38.7579902
What's the date of the permit? @Chuq, @tes-s - we have another one. Northside of the property.

I don't see how a super charger in Easton is going to make travel any better. If you driving from DC you can make it to Sailsbury, from Philadelphia you can make it to Sailsbury. I do think that Ocean City should get a super Charger. I do agree that the Delmarva peninsula
should get a few more superchargers. All in good time.

I would like to see a few more superchargers West and North of Philadelphia.

Downtown Cambridge also has Tesla destination chargers that you can use while eating/shopping. If you go down to the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Park you will also find chargers (although they are not free). The Hyatt Resort in Cambridge, Hurlock and Viena also have chargers.

I don't see how a super charger in Easton is going to make travel any better. If you driving from DC you can make it to Sailsbury, from Philadelphia you can make it to Sailsbury. I do think that Ocean City should get a super Charger. I do agree that the Delmarva peninsula
should get a few more superchargers. All in good time.

I would like to see a few more superchargers West and North of Philadelphia.
Many chargers being built aren’t needed to complete a route, they are needed to provide capacity. Putting a new location vs more chargers at existing locations adds flexibility. This charger will be useful for me when I finally get my Tesla.

Reactions: boaterva
This one gets a mention on the latest Tesla Time News (starts at 1:00:16) -

Is this the same location mentioned in the first post of this thread?

I'm going to do some Google Street View sleuthing and will try to match them up.

upload_2020-3-17_22-22-59.png

[Edit: That took no effort at all, the "FIRE LANE" writing on the parking aisles confirmed it! Adding to supercharge.info now]

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9
Easton, MD

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-50
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-50

To: Salisbury, MD - 47.1 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles
To: Ocean City, MD - 74.3 miles

I'm curious what the commercial arrangements look like between Tesla and quickie marts. Easement on the land? some power costs? offset some of the install costs?
If you want to read what I believe is the standard lease agreement that Tesla proposes for supercharger hosts, I linked a copy in another thread--Mid-Canada Superchargers. Specific locations may negotiate for various changes, but I've read like 4 or 5 of the lease agreements for sites and they were all the same.

I've seen a lot of construction continue during the pandemic. On one hand, it makes sense to continue public works while people aren't on roads and bridges, on the other hand, it feels like we are putting construction workers and their families at risk....
Al Pacino's detective character in the movie "Heat" has a great motivational blurb while trying to convince a reluctant CI to spill the beans:
"I get killed for telling you this shieet" says Richard (the CI)
"You get killed walking the doggie" replies Vincent (Pacino)
Been thinking about this attitude. No, we should not be taking unnecessary risks, especially when others are involved. On the other hand everything we do in life involves risk, we have to embrace and manage it if we want to achieve anything, from the most mundane to the most important.

Last edited: