Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Easton, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Easton is operational. Photo from @Mdsbrain
Mark on Twitter

838832EA-0B80-4FA3-AAFC-DF213C1E549F.jpeg

I’m going by tomorrow to juice up. Planning to arrive with a very low pack to push those beautiful new cabinets to the max.

My son was by there on Wednesday evening and the charging Pedestals did not have cords connected to them, It was not on line. It would have had to have happened yesterday. He had to limp to Grasonville, just be warned what we saw.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
I’m going by tomorrow to juice up. Planning to arrive with a very low pack to push those beautiful new cabinets to the max.
Beware, that's kinda risky. Tesla has recently been known to add "operational" superchargers to the nav before they are actually ready to charge. It's happened a few times lately. So, if you're going to arrive with a low SOC, be sure you have an adequate back-up charging plan just in case they aren't working. Don't want to get stranded.

‪I can confirm the Easton Supercharger has power! It did take 3 stalls to find a working stall though. Also the new screen notification of an out of order stall is a nice touch.

Attachments

• 623DD69F-FBB2-4069-9194-D5556D52C11A.jpeg
    623DD69F-FBB2-4069-9194-D5556D52C11A.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 68A24024-AFC5-4DFB-95C1-134DA3E03A21.jpeg
    68A24024-AFC5-4DFB-95C1-134DA3E03A21.jpeg
    339.2 KB · Views: 87
  • EC581F26-8776-4194-B06D-95219885E124.jpeg
    EC581F26-8776-4194-B06D-95219885E124.jpeg
    544.6 KB · Views: 77
‪I can confirm the Easton Supercharger has power! It did take 3 stalls to find a working stall though. Also the new screen notification of an out of order stall is a nice touch.
Looks like only 4 are powered right now, i.e. just one of the cabinets is on. Which is something else that Tesla has done in a few places lately when newly opening a supercharger. Maybe they've changed policy on the matter? Either they are choosing to only open them up as half stations even though both halves work fine OR they're choosing to still open half when one of the cabinets is having teething issues when before they would have just left it totally unpowered and waited until the whole site was ready.

Spectacular charging experience! Added 138mi in 11 or 12 minutes.
IMG_20200620_144328.jpg
Even after that at over 50%, was still charging over 500mi/hr.
IMG_20200620_145312.jpg
Besides being v3, the restrooms are reasonably clean for a gas station (Royal Farms). Nothing else convenient for food, but it's not bad if you need a bite. V3 is so fast you can charge then go where you want anyway.

Reactions: willow_hiller
We have charged four cars there over the last two weeks with out issue. Good charging levels.

I wonder if Tesla is having a communications issue with the chargers? Farmville, Fredrick and this one are getting reports that chargers are off line.

I stopped by there on Sunday/12th July. Tried one on far left, wouldn’t handshake. Tried three on far right and got “cannot DC charge”. There was a guy in the middle charging but I couldn’t get in beside him because I had bikes on the bake. No pull throughs. Bummer as the destination chargers in Cambridge are out of service too.

anyone have any more info on what’s going on over at Easton SC? Still shows “limited service” or similar on Tesla screen.

I stopped by there on Sunday/12th July. Tried one on far left, wouldn’t handshake. Tried three on far right and got “cannot DC charge”. There was a guy in the middle charging but I couldn’t get in beside him because I had bikes on the bake. No pull throughs. Bummer as the destination chargers in Cambridge are out of service too.

anyone have any more info on what’s going on over at Easton SC? Still shows “limited service” or similar on Tesla screen.

The stall on the far left (as you’re facing the chargers) has a plastic ring stuck in the connector and it won’t fully insert into the charge port. The stall next to that started charging but stopped after just a couple of minutes. I didn’t need anymore juice, so I just went on to Ocean City at that point.

The stall on the far left (as you’re facing the chargers) has a plastic ring stuck in the connector and it won’t fully insert into the charge port. The stall next to that started charging but stopped after just a couple of minutes. I didn’t need anymore juice, so I just went on to Ocean City at that point.
Any updates on whether the Easton superchargers are all working properly now? Will be heading that way for a wedding in a few weeks.

Any updates on whether the Easton superchargers are all working properly now? Will be heading that way for a wedding in a few weeks.

Was in Easton this past weekend and visited the supercharger twice. It appears all 8 of them are now working. Was able to get a nice speedy charge without any problems. And the fried chicken was pretty good, too. Good location.