Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Edgewater, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7351DEA4-B400-40D0-B32B-216F2D20032F.jpeg

No transformer as of today.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Is it me, or is this charger only running at half capacity? No one else is here and I am barley getting 100kW. Just interesting since it’s a 250kW station. The one in Annapolis seemed to be faster but I could be imagining things.

Is it me, or is this charger only running at half capacity? No one else is here and I am barley getting 100kW. Just interesting since it’s a 250kW station. The one in Annapolis seemed to be faster but I could be imagining things.

Are you a local? Is your battery warm? We've had some pretty cold overnight temps, so unless you're navigating to the Supercharger for at least 30 minutes, don't expect anywhere close to 250 kW.

Reactions: LoudMusic
Are you a local? Is your battery warm? We've had some pretty cold overnight temps, so unless you're navigating to the Supercharger for at least 30 minutes, don't expect anywhere close to 250 kW.
Gotcha, yeah, local to davidsonville. I am back again today and charging around 100kW again. I did try to precondition the battery for 15+ minutes this time. I arrived with a 40% charge. Not sure if it needs to be lower for better charge rates. Don’t get me wrong, not trying to complain. Just curious. I am a fairly new owner and trying to burn my free miles before they expire :)

Great to hear that the Edgewater MD Tesla Supercharger is now functional! I live near South Bowie, and while the Annapolis, MD Supercharger is my usual go to charging station, having an alternative (and shorter) location is welcomed. I also like the drive from Crain Highway, to Central Avenue up to Edgewater. 👍

Reactions: PStewart
Gotcha, yeah, local to davidsonville. I am back again today and charging around 100kW again. I did try to precondition the battery for 15+ minutes this time. I arrived with a 40% charge. Not sure if it needs to be lower for better charge rates. Don’t get me wrong, not trying to complain. Just curious. I am a fairly new owner and trying to burn my free miles before they expire :)
Much better today. Came in with 19% and it hit 245kW. Sitting at about 165kW now which is great! I made sure to precondition at least 30 minutes. Thanks!