Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Edison, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No visible progress as of 4/13/2014 at mall lot opposite McDonalds.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

At least the big pile of snow is gone now.

It is possible the same crew that did Hamilton MIGHT also do Edison. And it seems like that crew will be wrapping up Hamilton hopefully this week.

A few weeks back the Hamilton crew told me the Edison site was not bid on yet, but they would likely put a bid in to do it (I didn't ask bid specifics.)

With the alternative fence design the Edison zoning board picked, could likely have delayed things a bit more.

It is possible the same crew that did Hamilton MIGHT also do Edison. And it seems like that crew will be wrapping up Hamilton hopefully this week.
that would make a lot of sense, as for design elements like fencing, that shouldn't really be a factor, getting the hardware installed is the biggest part of the project.
I wonder how well this site will work once it is up and running, that area is so crowded and congested and I wouldn't be shocked to see the chargers iced a good part of the time

The location is in the very back of a large mall lot(s).

I think maybe between Thanksgiving and Christmas there might be ICE'ing, but shouldn't be a problem during most of the year.

Here is a picture of the sign(s) Tesla is using at Hamilton, maybe they will use the same in Edison.

photo(5).JPG

(sorry it is crooked)

Last edited:
You're forgetting the Hamilton township NJ supercharger in between.

Yeah, I'm planning to do Hamilton -> Albany, but at 202 miles straight shot, it'd be more comfortable through Edison instead (169 mile leg, 203 mile total to Albany). Detouring through Darien is 102+144=246 miles, i.e. 43 miles out of my way.

I've got to check the elevation to confirm, but I think 202 miles should be OK in an 85. I've done 213 on the highway twice now already (out and back), rolling in with plenty of buffer each way.

Anyone already done Hamilton -> Albany who can confirm how tight it was?

At Kingston or Saugerties, NY you can exit I-87 and take the parallel Rt 9W, re-entering I-87 at exit 23 (Albany). This will allow you to drive slower and save battery for the hundred mile stretch.
--

Last edited:
Anyone already done Hamilton -> Albany who can confirm how tight it was?

I did Short Hills NJ to Albany Supercharger on 5/30. Distance was 161 miles and I used 173 rated miles at a speed of 66 mph. 307 average energy(S85). There was a lot of terrain and it rained for part of the trip.

I mention this trip since there is a HPWC at the Tesla Short Hills gallery to top up with if needed.

Drove by Edison site on Saturday. Did not have time for an exhaustive search (on way to NYC with family in tow), but no obvious signs of construction along Lafayette Ave between Menlo Park Mall Rd and Parsonage Rd. Seasons 52 is now open there, but there's no obvious evidence suggesting that a Supercharger is going in.