Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Edison, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Umm, I don't think so. He had coined the term of someone being "Westinghoused".. but see this link for the discussion of the word "electrocution".. see pages 160 thru 162.

Edison and the Electric Chair: A Story of Light and Death - Mark Essig - Google Books

You are correct. Edison didn't use the word at that time. Edison demonstrated publicly and even created video of AC power killing rabbits and horses to demonstrate the danger of using AC power. Edison wanted New York to adopt the DC power system that he advocated rather than the AC power system that Tesla invented.

NOT to hi-jack the thread but FUTURE Users of the Edison Site might want to consider using some back roads to get from the NJT or GSP during peak rush hours, the Route 1 corridor is a mess between New Brunswick and Newark and routes 287/440 are the same, the Garden State parkway exit onto 1 is jammed and as I said there are many major municipal roads that parallel this site and can get you in and out pronto and back to the turnpike, parkway and 287.............A quick way into the site is to use Exit 11 of the NJTand the GSP Exit for Woodbridge and come down King Georges Road to AMBOY AVE Edison, then get onto route 1N there..WOODBRIDGE AVE does parallel 1 and you can also use it to cross over via GRANDVIEW AVE Fords/Edison tot he traffic light, take the Menlo Park entrance overpass by 1 north and your in like FLINT real quick! GOOGLE MAPS is pretty good int this area and Streetviews will get the NEWBIES some visual aids to get to site............

Good luck and happy hunting the Shortcuts to this much needed service site!

Yeah it took me over an hour to get from the NJT to the Edison site and back even though it was just a few miles. It's a god awful location for superchargers and if you're really running low good luck trying to get there without running out of juice.

While the time would be long, I thought the mileage improves in stop-and-go traffic.

Depends on how much climate control you and the battery pack are using. In extreme heat or cold you are better off not getting below 25 MPH in any car. If temps are ideal I'm sure the Tesla will improve efficiency well below 25MPH but even then who wants to be doing 8 mph in a Tesla if there is a road that will let you do 25 mph or more?

Soooooon........... they had a big crane there last Fri putting in huge concrete panels to hide charging apparatus but site is still ripped up pavement wise.................knowing Edison they will delay permitting until every last detail is done at site...............ah, POLITICS!

Anyway here's some more info on how to get to site from EXIT 11/NJT and Exit 129 GSP WOODBRIDGE via COUNTRY RD 501 /Amboy Ave to the rt1 north OVERPASS ....................easy-peasy and cuts out the 1 corridor ENTIRELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Menlo Park Mall to Country Rd 501 - Google Maps

Soooooon........... they had a big crane there last Fri putting in huge concrete panels to hide charging apparatus but site is still ripped up pavement wise.................knowing Edison they will delay permitting until every last detail is done at site...............ah, POLITICS!

Anyway here's some more info on how to get to site from EXIT 11/NJT and Exit 129 GSP WOODBRIDGE via COUNTRY RD 501 /Amboy Ave to the rt1 north OVERPASS ....................easy-peasy and cuts out the 1 corridor ENTIRELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Menlo Park Mall to Country Rd 501 - Google Maps

Thank you. Since the site is behind the McDonalds, could you show that as the end point?

, Lived in area for 50+ years and Menlo Mall was built in 1959, rebuilt in 1991 in current configuration ...... .......depending on what nav system you use best bets are to STAY OFF RT 1 during peak 7 am to 7 pm time periods, accidents HOLIDAYS and bad weather included........Too many traffic lights!!!!.....You have a road between the Rt 1 and Mall called Lafayette Ave, a small service feeder one that furnishes the parks and diners and biz in areas, so although it's said the power station is BEHIND MCDonalds, it's really across the street in the Menlo Mall Parking Lot Mall ..........super easy to get to, even cutting thru the McD's lot to get to station.here's a GOOGLE MAP of area, plug in your start and just list the destination as MENLO PARK MALL , easy way to get to it........................ From coming south or from 287/440 areas I would recommend using Rte 9 or GSP, taking 440 to 287 getting off on rt 1 north and zipping into the mall lot via the mall overpass just south of GRANDVIEW Ave Edison by Roosevelt Park............Sounds confusing but all roads are the first time and once you get the landmarks your A-OK..............Here's the map of the MALL and zoom in for the McD's restaurant, but I would recommend the Menlo Park Diner a short walk south on Lafayette to the park................

Country Road 501, Fords, NJ 08863 to Menlo Park Mall - Google Maps

More progress! The scoop "NJ Plugin" got from PSE&G was correct, the transformer is now on the pad. Oddly, the charger pedestals are all installed, but all their panels don't have the screws. I assume they need to check something inside after the power is switched on.

"AROUND THE CORNER" was the reply from a worker last nite as we asked him as we went to the park and rode by the site, they were power washing the pavement, construction container is still there along with odds and ends and a load of lumber was dropped off this morn , when the ELECTRIC METER goes in that's when it's probably near to open time...............must be a testing done to all stalls on actual cars to see if everything is A-OK .............

I stopped by on Friday, 8/15. They were energizing the site. Foreman said that they "turn it over to Tesla on Monday night." About 22 hours from now...

- - - Updated - - -

I stopped by on Friday, 8/15. They were energizing the site. Foreman said that they "turn it over to Tesla on Monday night." About 22 hours from now...

and my kids are excited about the Monday night handover.
Edison SC 8:15:14.jpg