Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Edson, AB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just passed through there on the way to Jasper, and had to fill up at the L2 at the restaurant a couple blocks away. After this one and Jasper go up, there just needs to be one more on the way down to Kamloops.
I agree, charging at the Edson L2 is slow and it is goi g to be so much nicer once the Superchargers come on line. I would like to see two super chargers between Jasper and Kamloops, one at Valemont and one further south.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
I agree, charging at the Edson L2 is slow and it is goi g to be so much nicer once the Superchargers come on line. I would like to see two super chargers between Jasper and Kamloops, one at Valemont and one further south.
Valemount and Clearwater seems like the best spots for Superchargers between Jasper and Kamloops. The other communities along that route have pretty limited services. (Jasper to Valemount 125 km; Valemount to Clearwater 200 km; and Clearwater to Kamloops 125 km)

Looks like they're preparing to pour some concrete.

Attachments

• PXL_20210907_221259361.jpg
    PXL_20210907_221259361.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 184
  • PXL_20210907_221253051.jpg
    PXL_20210907_221253051.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 113

There are already BC Hydro L3 Flo-chargers online at Valemont, and at Blue River, B.C. which is about half the 447 km total distance from Jasper to Kamloops, with 236 km remaining from Blue River to the Kamloops Supercharger.

These Flo-chargers are 50kw max (my experience is 44kw) for $0.21 CAD per minute, which works out to about $0.28/kw at the 44kw charge rate. Requires the CHAdeMO adapter of course, but usable right now.