Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Edwards, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed on the Find Us map a pin for Edwards, CO. Finally something in the Vail Valley region to split the difference between Silverthorne and Glenwood Springs.

yxWQzK4.png

Will add later. Have fun!!

Thanks to Adam Quinton for finding this

Will add later. Have fun!!

Thanks to Adam Quinton for finding this
Seeing as we know the location and they expect it to be completed in September, is this one ready for Permit status?

Ah, just saw your message that you will add it later. 🙂

I’d read recently that floods/landslides were bedeviling I-70 in Colorado. Is this going to make moot - for the moment - any SpC build-out there?

From the Western Colorado I-70?? thread under Mountain/Southwest Superchargers
Shout out to @dgpcolorado

I-70 Glenwood Canyon **OPEN** between Exit 116 (Glenwood Springs) and Exit 133 (Dotsero).

• Motorists should plan for slower speeds and congestion through the canyon, especially at MP 123.5 where traffic is in the temporary one lane configuration.
  • Motorists are encouraged to plan their travel ahead of time and to keep their eyes on the roadway while driving past the mudslide area.
  • CDOT crews will continue to monitor for inclement weather and may close the highway again if conditions are deemed unsafe. If the forecast moves to a flash flood warning, crews will implement a safety closure of Glenwood Canyon from MP 116 (Glenwood Springs) to MP 133 (Dotsero). Traffic control points will then go into place at Exit 87 (West Rifle) in the event the closure is an extended closure and the northern alternate route is employed. Visitors or locals will still be able to travel east of Exit 87 if their destination is Glenwood Springs or the Roaring Fork Valley.

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasDuke
FYI, they are currently trying to close this station today to paint new lines. They had it coned off and said it was closed. We complained that it shows online in the car and our car didn't have enough charge to get to Silverthorne. They moved some cones and let our car and another one charge. Too bad the contractor didn't contact Tesla before starting work so that cars wouldn't be routed to it.

IMG_20210911_113322_037.jpg

FYI, they are currently trying to close this station today to paint new lines. They had it coned off and said it was closed. We complained that it shows online in the car and our car didn't have enough charge to get to Silverthorne. They moved some cones and let our car and another one charge. Too bad the contractor didn't contact Tesla before starting work so that cars wouldn't be routed to it.

View attachment 708016
This seems perfect work for a Tuesday, definitely not on Saturday!

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Stopped here for our first charge westbound from Denver area recently. It's a little oddly tucked away, tricky to enter parallel to the Wendy's drive thru.. But after that it was a great fast charging experience. Lots of amenities close by.

Edwards is really busy today. We didn't have to wait but right after we plugged in, the line was 4 cars long. One nice Model Y owner did move to the EA chargers to let another Y charge... but then it looked like he was having problems getting it started.

IMG_20221023_114607_566.jpg

If Parachute had been online, we wouldn't have needed to charge here (and probably several others could've skipped it as well).

Reactions: Pricedm
Edwards is really busy today. We didn't have to wait but right after we plugged in, the line was 4 cars long. One nice Model Y owner did move to the EA chargers to let another Y charge... but then it looked like he was having problems getting it started.

View attachment 866785
If Parachute had been online, we wouldn't have needed to charge here (and probably several others could've skipped it as well).
Yup. Same issue for me yesterday traveling the other direction with Grand Junction. I probably would have stopped at GJ anyway but I'm guessing everyone would have made shorter stops there and it wouldn't have backed up like it did. At least Edwards is a v3. When the old v2s back up, it gets really nasty.

Reactions: bb95570