Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Effingham, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dad also just happened to be in Effingham today, so I asked him to stop by. He just called and said he'd talked to a contractor working on-site who said he thought power would be turned on in a day or two, and the station would be open in a week or two. He didn't explain what the difference was, or why there would be a week or two between power on and opening. The only thing I can think of is that the power company could turn it on, but then Tesla may have to send somebody (from St Louis or Chicago?) to test it before it can be opened to the public.

The team has to do equipment validation and some testing, although I've found that generally after a day or two, things are working even though it's not officially "open" yet. You might find that you can plug in this weekend and it will work (then again, maybe not... don't bet on it :) )

Good news, everyone! At least one owner was able to charge yesterday (with express permission from the crew onsite), and later that evening a friend stopped by and the lights have been turned on, which seems a pretty good sign to me that they're good to go. No red dot on the map in the car yet, but hopefully that'll just be any day now.

jim.jpg

matt.jpg

FYI, the owner that charged reported being told that stall 2B was inoperable due to a fault of some sort with the handle. Note that in the picture taken last night, there are cones in front of the 4th pedestal (presumably 2B).

Good news, everyone! At least one owner was able to charge yesterday (with express permission from the crew onsite), and later that evening a friend stopped by and the lights have been turned on, which seems a pretty good sign to me that they're good to go. No red dot on the map in the car yet, but hopefully that'll just be any day now.

FYI, the owner that charged reported being told that stall 2B was inoperable due to a fault of some sort with the handle. Note that in the picture taken last night, there are cones in front of the 4th pedestal (presumably 2B).

woohoo!!!!! That's 5 more Superchargers that I am planning to hit in the next week, jvonbokel! Don't worry, I'll be sure to update my totals on the wiki.. :-D

John, you ROCK!!! Thanks for all your updates and pics!!

I know of at least 3 people who have successfully used it. I'm assuming they're just behind on updating the website.
I don't think that's the explanation, as neither Effingham or Riviera Beach is listed while Mojave popped up the day it was finished, after both of the above had been reported usable by owners. It's possible that they may not list Riviera Beach in the same way they didn't list the one at the Chicago SC, but not listing Effingham doesn't make sense if it's fully operational.

Last edited:
I don't think that's the explanation, as neither Effingham or Riviera Beach is listed while Mojave popped up the day it was finished, after both of the above had been reported usable by owners. It's possible that they may not list Riviera Beach in the same way they didn't list the one at the Chicago SC, but not listing Effingham doesn't make sense if it's fully operational.

It's working - we all charged at it today.

I did notice that the meter showed "00000" and continued to show all zeros... it may not be functional yet, but since it's a CT meter instead of a through-meter, it didn't stop us from charging. :)