Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ehrenberg, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to @WalterB for this one! (sign is presumably at Quartzsite)

Someone needs to find the spot now :)

20191109_153203-jpg.475080

Given Tesla's loose naming practices, this could also be the Blythe, CA location.

Google map search for "Ehrenberg"
upload_2019-11-10_11-31-49.png

Tesla's loose practices would result in something at "A" being labelled Blythe instead of Ehrenberg, or something at "B" being labelled Ehrenberg instead of Morgantown, but I don't think something at "C" (current permit dot) would be labelled Ehrenberg instead of Blythe!

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-10_11-28-55.png
    upload_2019-11-10_11-28-55.png
    118 KB · Views: 342
  • Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Well, that would seem to kill Blythe, CA.
Shame, really, as Ehrenburg, AZ will probably be just over 100 miles from Indio, CA, which means a different color code on my Supercharger spreadsheet. :(

But I'm sure that every I-10-travellig Tesla owner is glad to see that Tesla is going to do something about the choke point that is Quartzsite, AZ.

Hopefully somebody can find the sites, so that Supercharge.info can get the dots.

I assume Tesla put the sign there in anticipation of hate during Thanksgiving.

Ehrenberg, AZ

Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-95
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Quartzsite, AZ - 17.4 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: Buckeye, AZ - 116.6 miles

US-95

To: Needles, CA - 100.5 miles
Diversion: 12.6 miles/0.5 miles*
To: Henderson, NV - 188.3 miles

A much-needed Supercharger. Replaces the Blythe, CA Supercharger that had previously been reported.

Will provide an alternative to Quartzsite, AZ.

* The suggested route from Quartzsite, AZ to Needles, CA takes a much shorter route than US-95,

Construction crew working hard this weekend. Pedestals already in place. Crew didn't want to answer any questions about station specifics.
The specifics in brief:
- V3 Supercharger, so 250kW
- what seems like only 8 stalls (I thought the pop-up sign at Quartzsite said there would be 28 stalls here), so that’s 2 cabinets for every 4 stalls.

Just wondering, would it be possible for you to get photos from inside the enclosure, or over the fence?