Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ehrenberg, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1 is broken and so it shows 7/8, misleading people. Also, in-car nav routes you to Ehrenberg and tells you to charge for 50 mins (near 100% LR RWD) if you are going from PHX to LA. And because Quartzsite sucks and most people know that.
When I see 7/8 occupied, I assume it’s full. Because often it’s just one car pulling out and another pulling in. And lol at people mindlessly following the Nav. I’m sure you’re right, but all I can think of when I hear that is Scarecrow singing “If I Only Had a Brain.”

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz
Got it. But why would anyone wait here if Quartzsite had stalls available?
If you've never been to Quartzite, pray you never will have to! It is, after 10,000 road-trip miles in US and Western Canada, the worst Supercharging site ever. If you like prison style filthy bathrooms, Quartzite is ideal.

Our second, longer range Tesla has the advantage of allowing us to skip Quartzite. Well worth the $50K. :rolleyes:

If you've never been to Quartzite, pray you never will have to! It is, after 10,000 road-trip miles in US and Western Canada, the worst Supercharging site ever. If you like prison style filthy bathrooms, Quartzite is ideal.

Our second, longer range Tesla has the advantage of allowing us to skip Quartzite. Well worth the $50K. :rolleyes:
Believe it or not, I have been to Quartzsite... a few times. While I understand the frustration with the charge rates and the lines, I never quite understand all the hate for the location. I doubt it's even bottom 10% off all the supercharger sites (in my opinion of course). Try supercharging in Joplin, Missouri.

Reactions: Evoforce

They have that cool Rock Shop. A real draw for geologists. Yuma is actually near a prison. I'd take Quartzsite over Yuma any day.

Reactions: PStewart and ybbor
From a google review: "Charge was good. Ambiance was just missing a good dumpster fire to really bring home the theme of desolation."
In fairness, you could say the same thing about Quartzsite, but you could say it about the entire town of Quartzsite, not just the supercharger location :) Sometimes Tesla just has to work with what they can.

Believe it or not, I have been to Quartzsite... a few times. While I understand the frustration with the charge rates and the lines, I never quite understand all the hate for the location. I doubt it's even bottom 10% off all the supercharger sites (in my opinion of course). Try supercharging in Joplin, Missouri.
Let me guess that you never set foot in the Carl's Jr. restrooms - those stainless steel fixtures must have come from the Joplin prison. :eek:

Let me guess that you never set foot in the Carl's Jr. restrooms - those stainless steel fixtures must have come from the Joplin prison. :eek:
I've been in there multiple times. While I didn't think it was nice, I also didn't think it warranted all the derision it has received in this thread. My expectations are pretty low when it comes to restrooms at fast food restaurants.

Reactions: ybbor
I've been in there multiple times. While I didn't think it was nice, I also didn't think it warranted all the derision it has received in this thread. My expectations are pretty low when it comes to restrooms at fast food restaurants.
I hear that, but there's low expectations and not meeting low expectations.

But, this is about Ehrenberg. Decent options in a very busy truck stop.

On Jan 23rd, we stopped to check out the V3. On our car map Ehrenberg showed Supercharger as closed. There was one stall with the cable wrapped in yellow tape.
We had about a 50% SOC, but still got a rate of charge of 400 + mph, on the far left stall. Cabinets are not yet labeled.
my wife loves Wendy’s Frosties, so she thinks this is a great place to Supercharge.

Reactions: tmoz
We’ve been to 170 different Superchargers, from L. A. to Halifax, Nova Scotia and Kennewick, Washington to Tampa, Florida and this one isn’t to bad at all. Some much nicer than others, but overall TESLA has done a nice job of building a network across the world that no one else is close to, and we have driven over 130,000 miles across the continent and have had a ball.

@WFrank I'm going to be driving through that area on my way from SBD county to Scottsdale, is it actually open and running at limited capacity?

I just wonder if i need a full charge leaving Indio or if i can cruise... I've had rotten luck at Quartzsite the last 2 times i've been through there (only getting 40-50kw and having a battery of 10%)

We have traveled 130,000+ miles in our Teslas and always carry our Mobile Charging Unit with a NEMA 14-50 adapter, so if we hit a broken Supercharger, we can stop at an RV Park.

Down load the App RVParky and that gives you 5,000 more places to charge.
Over 3 1/2 years only HAD to use One, but it is a nice back up. We have used RV parks about a half dozen times, for convenience.

Thanks so much.

It was definitely running at diminished capacity (I maxed out at about 80kw) but it was more than enough so we could skip quartzsite and continue straight to buckeye (our final destination last night)
20200124_230400.jpg
20200124_230257.jpg