TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - El Centro

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by xray, Jun 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. xray

xray P85 6313 - X Res 3450

The site of the El Centro, CA - Imperial Valley Supercharger is confirmed

Tesla Strikes Deal To Open Superchargers At Five High-End Malls

Multiple reports of this deal can be found through google news.

From the moment the new SC maps were published last month, I had suspected that this (Imperial Valley Mall) would be the site just based on the fact that there are very few potential locations off the 8 freeway that would satisfy the requirements for superchargers -- in terms of close access to restaurants and shopping.

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

I 'd hope those would be "extra" locations since a mall could be a long stay.

Now they can put a store in them and have plenty of test-drive opportunities. :)

3. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Does anyone have any new details regarding the El Centro supercharger? It has been a confirmed location for a while now.

4. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

According to emupilot, the crew who worked on the Quartzsite, AZ supercharger is heading to El Centro next! This will nicely link San Diego to Yuma. Time to keep a look out!

5. emupilot

emupilot Member

#5 emupilot, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    I was repeating a report from napabill, who heard from roblab, who interviewed the Quartzsite construction team. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/22522-Arizona-Superchargers/page9?p=490100&viewfull=1#post490100

On edit: the permit info is here: http://mygov.us/pi/citizen/report_center.php?citiesID=403&modulesID=1&reportsID=21&output_format=html 8 charging stations. 3551 S. Dogwood Ave - that is the address for Macy's (and not most of the stores in the mall), so that would be the first place to look.

6. xray

This is all great news. I'll report back if there's any construction activity.

7. Bound466

Bound466 Member

Any update on SC construction activity in El Centro?

8. xray

No construction as of today in the area around the mall.

9. napabill

napabill Active Member

I'm thinking the crew from Quartzsite got lost!

10. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

I just got word from an insider that they have begun work on the El Centro location. The supercharger is supposed to located at the Imperial Valley Mall at 3451 S Dogwood Rd, El Centro, CA 92243. Is anyone in the area to provide any pictures or updates? Thanks.

Google Maps - http://goo.gl/nno0zS
    Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (needs to be updated with new location)

11. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

awesome, looking forward to updates!

12. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Any updates/pictures for this location? Anyone going to be passing through over the weekend?

13. mgdurand

mgdurand Member

I'll be passing through tonight and Sunday, but any idea which area of the lot the charging site will be? It's a large complex

14. emupilot

emupilot Member

The address on the permit is the address for Macy's, so that might be the first place to try.

15. mgdurand

mgdurand Member

So no construction around the Macy's as of the 31st. We didn't look around the rest of the area , b/c we needed to get some diesel and be on our way as we are still waiting for that delivery date....

16. xray

yep. still no construction activity in the area around the mall (as of the last day).

17. roblab

roblab Active Member

Just to verify, Milli and I both heard the men say that they were being sent to El Centro next, but that was what, a couple months ago?

I personally think that there were paperwork hangups, and the crew got re-routed, at the last minute, to the Elon Super Highway to get that done. They can only do what's ready to do. I want INDIO! Or even Cabazon! I'm getting tired of stopping at 14-50 RV parks, or even stopping for a couple hours at the much appreciated HPWC 80 amp at Chiriaco Summit. Chiriaco is usually dead dead dead, just a truck stop and a desert restaurant (but with the General Patton Museum!!! which on our visit on Veterans' day was the locus of a mass influx of hundreds of ex military from a 500 mile radius. Talk about vastly different experiences).

But I would rather do Cabazon next time. 20 minutes, or even 30 with a type A battery, is a whale of a lot better than 2-3 hours. Superchargers have spoiled me.

18. napabill

napabill Active Member

+1 Come on Elon, you got yours, now give us ours!!

19. liuping

liuping Active Member

With Yuma online, I'm sure El Centro is lower priority than many other sites. As much as I'd like to have it, it seems more like a "fill in the gaps after the major routes are done" type site.

20. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Has anyone been by this location recently?