Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - El Centro, CA (8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could not upload a picture. The place is ready on the outside. There is no more equipment in the place. It should be opening soon.
Since beto1118 does not have enough posts to upload pics, I asked him to email them to me. Here they are:

IMG_0911.JPG
IMG_0907.JPG
IMG_0906.JPG
IMG_0905.JPG
IMG_0902.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for getting these photos posted. It looks like the utility transformer isn't on site yet... so we may have a few more days. My guess is that the utility transformer will be placed on the concrete pad with the yellow bollards. (far left in bottom photo) Do you have any more pictures that show the yellow bollard pad location up close?

Great! These last two photos really shows the Utility transformer pad. Belto1118 and liuping... great job at getting these photos on thread:)

I've had a thought for a while about drive in supercharging pedestals.... "I think the drive style type helps prevent icing." I prefer the back in style as far as appearance is concerned however, the back in style, although clearly marked for Tesla parking only, doesn't seem to have the same impact {don't even think about parking here} on icers. Anyone else thinking similarly?

Last edited:
I've had a thought for a while about drive in supercharging pedestals.... "I think the drive style type help prevent icing." I prefer the back in style as far as appearance is concerned however, the back in style, although clearly marked for Tesla parking only, don't seem to have the same impact {don't even think about parking here} on icers. Anyone else thinking similarly?
I agree. It does not look like a normal sparking spot at all when done this way. It's clearly something else, even to people who have never heard of a Tesla or any EV for that matter.

Great! These last two photos really shows the Utility transformer pad. Belto1118 and liuping... great job at getting these photos on thread:)

I've had a thought for a while about drive in supercharging pedestals.... "I think the drive style type help prevent icing." I prefer the back in style as far as appearance is concerned however, the back in style, although clearly marked for Tesla parking only, don't seem to have the same impact {don't even think about parking here} on icers. Anyone else thinking similarly?

You know, that is a great point, if you imagine driving an ICE car into a drive-through it does feel very awkward. Only someone deliberately flaunting the signage would do that. That format could be the "80% solution."

Thanks to Beto and Liuping. I'll make a Yuma->SD detour this Friday and take pics if no one else does by then.

This may be a good idea in places like El Centro, but in snow country, it is far easier to plow the snow with back in charging, and there is far less chance of damaging the pedestals with the snow plow.