Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - El Cerrito, CA (LIVE 3 Jul 2020, 14 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
90B8D9E1-B8FB-4734-B4E4-05D915241192.jpeg

Power is out at home, so I’m charging her up so I can use her as a big battery for my laptop haha.

First time here!

Reactions: Acps110
View attachment 566688

Power is out at home, so I’m charging her up so I can use her as a big battery for my laptop haha.

First time here!
Nice..haven't had the need to hit the superchargers yet (anywhere actually). Will probably do it for our next trip to the coast.

On a side note, we're scheduled to get a Tesla Solar Roof in Sept and will be getting 1 powerwall. I've heard rumors that Tesla is working on a way to utilize your Tesla vehicle as a proxy powerwall, if needed. Pretty cool.

On a side note, we're scheduled to get a Tesla Solar Roof in Sept and will be getting 1 powerwall. I've heard rumors that Tesla is working on a way to utilize your Tesla vehicle as a proxy powerwall, if needed. Pretty cool.
Don't count on that. There is a feature now that will prevent your car charging from draining your Powerwall during an outage. However, with only one Powerwall, you probably can't back up your EV charging circuit anyway.

Nice..haven't had the need to hit the superchargers yet (anywhere actually). Will probably do it for our next trip to the coast.

That's interesting! I got a quote for Tesla Solar Roof, and the total came out to be about $12K in Albany, and I think they recommended including two power walls. This was only based on my previous month's PGE bill, so I wonder if I need more.

That's interesting! I got a quote for Tesla Solar Roof, and the total came out to be about $12K in Albany, and I think they recommended including two power walls. This was only based on my previous month's PGE bill, so I wonder if I need more.
Is that the solar panels or the solar glass roof (so, the roof shingles contain the solar cells)? That seems way too low for the solar glass...