Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - El Paso, Tx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Google, that address returns Rudy's Country Store and BBQ, although maps (via Supercharge.info) doesn't show them.
In any case it's near the The Outlet Shoppes.

I don't understand what you mean. It wouldn't be on Supercharge.info until it is first found by someone and then put on the map. It was just now found by someone.

I don't see any outlet stores nearby.

Awesome news - thanks for sharing.

Planning a trip today and looking at the ice storm that is blanketing a big chunk of the mid section of the country and thinking "it sure would be nice to have I-10 supercharged"...

Not only do you not want to travel thru said ice storm I have to wonder how many days afterward it will be before power is restored to that area. It would nice if Tesla could provide something accessible from the web or app close to real time showing supercharger status.

El Paso, TX

Interstates: I-10
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-85, US-190*

I-10:
To: Van Horn, TX - 131 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Fort Stockton, TX - 249 miles

To: Albuquerque, NM (I-10, I-25) - 257 miles
To: Las Vegas, NM (I-10, TX-375, US-54, TX-219, US-84) - 314 miles
To: Santa Rosa, NM (I-10, TX-375, US-54) - 270 miles
To: Childress, TX (I-10, TX-375, US-62) - 498 miles
To: Holbrook, AZ (I-10, US-180) - 374 miles
To: Gallup, NM (I-10, I-25, NM-6, I-40) - 376 miles

Only 369 miles to Casa Grande, AZ. I know that there's a bunch of incomplete sites, but I remember when it was 1,000 miles to go.

* US-85 and US-190 are concurrent with I-10 here

IMG_8634.PNG
El Paso TX is one of the top five safest cities in the U. S. of cities with a population over 500,000. This location is perfectly safe.

Last edited:
Given that location, I wonder if the next one west will skip Las Cruces (at least for now) and be in Deming, 90 miles away. After that, 60 miles to Lordsburg, and 109 more to Benson. And I'm surprised no one has found anything in Pecos yet, as that's the obvious place between Midland and Van Horn.

IMG_2488.JPG IMG_2490.JPG I stopped by the Rudys today and there are several good locations in the back of the Rudys that would accommodate the Tesla SC. The Hampton and HIE are only a couple hundred yards next door. The Carl Jr is across the street. All in all a great location in my humble opinion.

Awesome news - thanks for sharing.

Planning a trip today and looking at the ice storm that is blanketing a big chunk of the mid section of the country and thinking "it sure would be nice to have I-10 supercharged"...
Not only do you not want to travel thru said ice storm I have to wonder how many days afterward it will be before power is restored to that area. It would nice if Tesla could provide something accessible from the web or app close to real time showing supercharger status.

YES= Tesla should have battery storage and Solar at their sites in Sunny Arizona and at remote sites. That should be coming but may take a few years. Now that they will charge for some SC it should help add that feature.
This South Route will be great in the winter months. It's a great needed route choice.

El Paso, TX

Interstates: I-10
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-85, US-190*

I-10:
To: Van Horn, TX - 131 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Fort Stockton, TX - 249 miles

To: Albuquerque, NM (I-10, I-25) - 257 miles
To: Las Vegas, NM (I-10, TX-375, US-54, TX-219, US-84) - 314 miles
To: Santa Rosa, NM (I-10, TX-375, US-54) - 270 miles
To: Childress, TX (I-10, TX-375, US-62) - 498 miles
To: Holbrook, AZ (I-10, US-180) - 374 miles
To: Gallup, NM (I-10, I-25, NM-6, I-40) - 376 miles

Only 369 miles to Casa Grande, AZ. I know that there's a bunch of incomplete sites, but I remember when it was 1,000 miles to go.

* US-85 and US-190 are concurrent with I-10 here

Money, don't you mean US 180?

And, while I have not checked the precise location of the SC, US54's southern terminus is at El Paso.

Great job, by the way, on compiling the highway accesses to the various installations! Thanks!

Money, don't you mean US 180?

And, while I have not checked the precise location of the SC, US54's southern terminus is at El Paso.

Great job, by the way, on compiling the highway accesses to the various installations! Thanks!

Yes, thanks. I did mean US-180.

Tesla needs to make trips possible. They're working on major routes and making more trips possible, but ultimately any trip should be able to be as direct and fast as possible. So, I check out connections between Superchargers to see how much filling in is required.

IMG_8674.JPG
IMG_8676.PNG
Panoramic photos of Rudy's
IMG_8675.PNG

Pic 1. An overview of Rudy's, the HIE, and THI. The NW corner gravel had a worn stripe of red spay paint.

Pic 2. The vacant parking spot next to the white SUV had a new red spray painted dot on the ground!!
...not far from Rudy's sign post base.
Other than that I confirmed Rudy's address 6401. THI is 6411. Let's hope the permit review goes smoothly>to issuance and a contruction crew gets this 'in work' asap. West El Paso TX is growing very, very rapidly. Coming back into town Ridge Road has quite a view of The City of El Paso TX and Juarez MX.

Last edited: