Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Elizabeth, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging now.
2017 MX75. SOC 25percent. Going at 104kw.
Tried 3 others, none working. I'm at 7th from right.
Now at about 50soc and am at 74kw.

Def. NOT the v3 speeds I've been hoping for.
Highest I personally got at v3 was 132kw.

Great location in area. To/from Manhattan or driving down the big n/s corridor of nj turnpike.

Huge empty lot. I see some hotels prob about a 5min walk. Not much else. Looking at Google maps, there is a mall about 500ft away and IHOP prob about 3 min walk.

Quick off turnpike, nj95. Coming off sb was 3min.
Going back on seems about same. Nb seems about same but I'm not sure. Maybe a bit shorter?

F3F4F4ED-114B-45F6-86AF-F83E51E5E2A3.jpeg B094C683-2B3F-4C65-9B53-3B90C6B5E4A9.jpeg EDCAAD05-3A15-4398-BDBD-8F57774050D0.jpeg

Ok guys, only certain models, varients and years can take advantage of V3 capability, notably 3s, Ys and newer S/X. Older S's in particular will see no difference. Also, listing a peak charge rate is meaningless without also listing model, year, battery size and state of charge as well as if the battery is fully warmed i.e. driven a significant length of time.

I stopped by here this afternoon. There were 3 other Tesla's charging. The 1st and 3rd chargers at the far end from my photos (closest to the EA chargers) were not working (red light error). I didn't try the 2nd one, I just moved to the other end. My Model S maxes out at 95kW, so I cannot judge the speed of the V3. Here's a couple of photos. There was a very snazzy looking red Model 3 next to me. I've never seen one that low to the ground. I hope the suspension raises once it starts!

IMG_2982.jpg
IMG_2983.jpg

The HUGE advantage of v3 that lots of people seem to miss is the dedication!

There is no sharing or splitting of power. 16 stalls means 16 cars can charge at their max capacity.

Another few little things I notice.
1. The charge initiates much faster. Within a few seconds. Vs v2, where it takes about 30-45 seconds. VERY usefull when chargers are down. And you gotta jump from one to another. Can save a few mins. If doing a quick 15 min charge it can be 10-20% time savings.
2. It charges fast even when SOC is a few percent. Where in v2, you gotta reach 10% SOC to get a decent speed. So getting to a SC with 3miles left will take you 10min or so to get to 20miles. Where in v3 it will take 2-3mins. (my 2017 mx75 battery maxes at 210 miles now)...

I think people do this to show that it's not working. So others don't waste time. Hopefully they are not thrown down but gently laid to rest. I find it usefull.
I saw someone had once indicated a failing pedestal by putting the cable up over top of the unit. I suppose if someone did something like that and it fell, that might explain the issue here?

This is a good location. FOr the last 15 years, when we visited NYC and family in NJ, we would stay at one or other of the hotels across the road. The road to the south of the outlet mall leads directly to the I95 entrance/exit from the turnpike, and also a quick drive to Newark Airport; or go to Hoboken, park in the big garages there and take the PATH into NYC.