Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Elk Grove, CA - Elk Grove Blvd. (LIVE 21 Jul 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Supercharger going up in Elk Grove, CA in this location: 38°24'33.8"N 121°23'27.7"W
This is in the Wal-Mart parking lot across the street from the Elk Grove Auto Mall. This has plenty of dining, shopping, coffee/tea opportunities.
Tesla Elk Grove Supercharger.jpg
IMG_2225.jpg
IMG_2226.jpg
IMG_2227.jpg
IMG_2228.jpg
IMG_2229.jpg
IMG_2230.jpg
IMG_2231.jpg
IMG_2232.jpg
IMG_2233.jpg

Would be nice if it was V3. Has anyone heard how many ?

If anyone "hears", it's probably going to be here.

I count 12 concrete pedestal bases stacked up in one of the photos in the original post. We can't tell if there are more out of frame, or whether there are "extras" in that shipment, but I'd put a guess on "at least 12 pedestals". Someone highly familiar with the pedestal hardware (not me) can probably determine what type of pedestal from the bases. If someone has a pointer to the permit(s) those would say how many pedestals/stalls there are.

Bruce.

Thanks for the update and the pics. If that is the area next to the sushi buffet, the parking lot does get quite crowded there at times...
pro tip:
if you are planning on charging here and eating at the sushi buffet, don't.

you won't have time... always a huge waiting list to get in. and they close btwn lunch and dinner. (and it's decent food, but not great, but it's a great value.)

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
pro tip:

you won't have time... always a huge waiting list to get in. and they close btwn lunch and dinner. (and it's decent food, but not great, but it's a great value.)
Agreed. People would be better off going down the street to Kintaros.

Personally, I think the Superchargers should have been located at Laguna & 99; better selection of food establishments.

pro tip:

Never cared for that shopping center. The last time I went to Fuji Sushi Buffet, the parking lot was pretty packed even with an hour before closing. It's a madhouse when they put out the raw oysters, the customers rush over like cockroaches and grab everything they can in sight. It's pretty pathetic when seeing grown adults grab as much as a plate can fill with oysters.

Anyway, it is prominently placed where everyone can see it when getting off the freeway. However, it is a hassle to get out at the closest exit as you have to flip it at the light which is 3 lanes over and you have to contend with the huge auto mall traffic if you want to get back on the freeway. You're better off driving a bit over to exit at the light so you can turn left from the light that is still in the parking lot.

Location could be better as it is where the "scummy Wal-Mart" (as I call it) is located.

pro tip:

Yeah - I've never been there and have no intent of going there. In my opinion, I haven't found any sushi place (or Japanese restaurant) in the Sac area close to what it's like in Japan.

Went to the Vietnamese place (just okay on the one day we went) a couple of shops down and I was surprised to see people waiting in line for the sushi place almost an hour before it opened.

There are a couple places that make this location good. I know, I know, it is a lame Wal-Mart, but you do have these locations:
  • Tea 4 U - Excellent boba tea house.
  • Satori Sushi & Teriyaki Grill
  • Netillo's Takos
  • Fuji Sushi Buffet - meh, but it is always packed
  • Tasty Pot
  • Starbucks - across the street
  • Deli Delicious - across the street
  • Walmart Neighborhood Market - best place to use the restroom (imho)
I hope that helps those that may not know the location.

As others have said, don’t eat at the sushi place. It’s hot garbage. Another thing on the parking lot-go to the back alley on the west side of the shopping center that goes behind the Walmart neighborhood store, there’s a light you can turn left back on to Elk Grove blvd. way easier than turning right then fighting across to turn around.

Does anyone know why the parking spaces closest to the Superchargers have cars there all the time? I stopped by there on the weekend and saw at least 5 commuter vans. Normally Superchargers are out of the way of other frequently parked spaces which is why I haven't seen ICEing in NoCal.

This parking lot is ALWAYS busy. The whole thing. that was the first thing I thought when I heard this location.

Then, I'm trying to figure out how the queue will go when it's busy. The stalls are right in between 2 entrances off elk grove blvd. I dont't see a good place to line up, at least without signage. The logical place to wait would potentially cause a logjam. They will need to get creative to make this happen without issues.