Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Elk Grove, CA - Elk Grove Blvd. (LIVE 21 Jul 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some pedestals are now in! Photo from PlugShare
48329EDE-24C2-4765-BFC3-D1EE9F0FBDE9.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: KathyApplebaum
Just stopped by the Supercharger spot. It's looking good, but not done yet. Also, I thought I had spotted 4 v.3 chargers, but I now see 16 v.2s... Unless I am missing something, we may not get v.3 here...

Edit: I'm looking at the cable (should be smaller with v.3) and the handle (v.2 has a silver ring around the base, and v.3 is all black at the base). These are all, what appears to be, smaller cable and black ring at the base of the handle. I guess we will find out when it's done.

Attachments

• IMG_2396.jpg
    IMG_2396.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2398.jpg
    IMG_2398.jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2399.jpg
    IMG_2399.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2400.jpg
    IMG_2400.jpg
    891.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Just stopped by the Supercharger spot. It's looking good, but not done yet. Also, I thought I had spotted 4 v.3 chargers, but I now see 16 v.2s... Unless I am missing something, we may not get v.3 here...
You are definitely missing something. This location is going to be a 16 stall V3 Supercharger. Note the thinness of the cables, the absence of a metallic ring before the charge port, and the larger white cabinets in the 2nd photo, all determinating that this will be a V3 Supercharger

• Informative
Reactions: otter
You are definitely missing something. This location is going to be a 16 stall V3 Supercharger. Note the thinness of the cables, the absence of a metallic ring before the charge port, and the larger white cabinets in the 2nd photo, all determinating that this will be a V3 Supercharger
Yep. IMG_2398 in post #25 shows four V3 cabinets in the background. Squarish shape with that mesh area on top. Definitely V3.

We now have three new route 99 superchargers coming online between Manteca and Stockton. Anxiously waiting for them to turn one of them on! Manteca has been going on the longest and seems the most ready to go, Stockton would be the most useful for me, this one seems like it has been done the fastest.

We now have three new route 99 superchargers coming online between Manteca and Stockton. Anxiously waiting for them to turn one of them on! Manteca has been going on the longest and seems the most ready to go, Stockton would be the most useful for me, this one seems like it has been done the fastest.

Is there going to be a second one in Manteca? There has been one there for several years.

Stopped by today and the lights have been put in with some antennae thingamajig on top.
They have all the signs up and the light posts and have placed the concrete lid over the electrical. Here is a picture as of an hour ago. I think it's done pending the final inspections. The thing on the lights could be antennae, but it could just be for birds...

Attachments

• IMG_2446.jpg
    IMG_2446.jpg
    611.4 KB · Views: 86