Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Elk Grove, CA - Elk Grove Blvd. (LIVE 21 Jul 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was by there today and smud linemen were making cable connections to transformer. They indicated that by end of day the power would be supplied to the site and it would be up to Tesla to flip the switch....apparently the meter approval from 6/26 was not the whole story...they were connecting 8 sets of385 amp power cabling (approx 500kw each) which would complete the power to the site. I assume that with only Tesla QC needed, we could be on line soonView attachment 562238
Right as I'm leaving on a road trip :(

I went by there today (7/8/20) since I'm staying in the area and needed a charge. SMUD was there and they told me they were turning the power on and it was up to Tesla to turn the charge on. Hopefully soon!

Attachments

• IMG_5142.jpeg
    IMG_5142.jpeg
    664.3 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_5143.jpeg
    IMG_5143.jpeg
    604.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5144.jpeg
    IMG_5144.jpeg
    621.6 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: mociaf9
Story time...

So I get to the Supercharger today to charge and notice a big pickup truck with a huge camper in tow. The guy was working underneath it but he was blocking multiple Tesla Superchargers so I approach him with my mask on and tell him that he's blocking the chargers for other cars. He said it just broke down and he's doing the best he can. I look again and there was plenty of space for him to backup so that he wouldn't be blocking the chargers. So I'm just like whatevs and move on to do some shopping at Wal-Mart while the car is charging. You can see the trail of brown residue that was left behind as he came onto the parking lot.

Initially I thought it was oil or transmission fluid. Then I think to myself, "Wait he's working from the back of the trailer." It was at this moment, the mask filtered out enough that I didn't notice at first when talking to the guy. I then had a flashback of Biff Tanner when he was chasing Marty on the skateboard before $*!+

Yup. The toilet apparently broke and was leaking all over the parking lot now. When I got out of Wal-Mart, I see the guy was just leaving and at this point you can see there was no cleanup but the trailer was parked next to the water runoff grate/sewer and I guess it's better than leaving it in the middle of the parking lot. So the fecal matter that could run off was closest to where it needed to be in the end. Still disgusting nonetheless.

So next time you are charging there and you get a whiff and thinking it's the Elk Grove cows or the water treatment plant, think again and look around. And it's 100F today too.

• Informative
Reactions: Wnix05
Story time...

So I get to the Supercharger today to charge and notice a big pickup truck with a huge camper in tow. The guy was working underneath it but he was blocking multiple Tesla Superchargers so I approach him with my mask on and tell him that he's blocking the chargers for other cars. He said it just broke down and he's doing the best he can. I look again and there was plenty of space for him to backup so that he wouldn't be blocking the chargers. So I'm just like whatevs and move on to do some shopping at Wal-Mart while the car is charging. You can see the trail of brown residue that was left behind as he came onto the parking lot.

Initially I thought it was oil or transmission fluid. Then I think to myself, "Wait he's working from the back of the trailer." It was at this moment, the mask filtered out enough that I didn't notice at first when talking to the guy. I then had a flashback of Biff Tanner when he was chasing Marty on the skateboard before $*!+

Yup. The toilet apparently broke and was leaking all over the parking lot now. When I got out of Wal-Mart, I see the guy was just leaving and at this point you can see there was no cleanup but the trailer was parked next to the water runoff grate/sewer and I guess it's better than leaving it in the middle of the parking lot. So the fecal matter that could run off was closest to where it needed to be in the end. Still disgusting nonetheless.

So next time you are charging there and you get a whiff and thinking it's the Elk Grove cows or the water treatment plant, think again and look around. And it's 100F today too.
Ewww. Some stuff you just can't make up.

Story time...

A) Mental note: Don’t go to the EG Supercharger for a couple days.

B) Mild funny: There are 2 Back to the Future references in the same thread/page. :D

Reactions: taronwalton1