TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Elko, NV

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by BlueShift, Jan 18, 2015.

1. BlueShift

BlueShift Member

Just creating a thread for Elko, NV. We have heard one report that it is already under construction.

By Dennys, 2405 Mountain City Highway
    Elko, NV

Superchargers

2. KJD

KJD Member

Has anyone stopped by here to see how far along the crew is ?

3. BlueShift

BlueShift Member

Now live, according to Tesla's website.

4. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Very nice. Come on, Winnemucca!

5. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Winnemucca will be "golden spike 2.0"

then, according to the "2016" map, we can celebrate yet another one somewhere in Wyoming (I-80)

6. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Will the "Golden Spike" be Winnemucca or Toole? I hope both happen soon. I-15/I-70, I-80/I-70, then I-90 for E/W routes west of the divide!

7. GRA

GRA Member

Winnemucca will definitely be the Golden Spike. Tooele is a 'nice to have' so that people can do Wendover - SLC at the 80 mph speed limit, but Winnemucca is essential for S60s to make it from Lovelock to Elko at all in anything but ideal conditions (and only by driving well under the speed limit); with Winnemucca you can drive it like you stole it.

8. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

You are ignoring the Wendover - Nephi route. For a cross country trip, not a destination in SLC, Toole is just as important as Winnemucca!

- - - Updated - - -

You are ignoring the Wendover — Nephi route. For a cross country trip, not a destination in SLC, Toole is just as important as Winnemucca!

9. MikeL

MikeL some guy

By "golden spike" I mean the last link put into the chain chronologically, in old railroad context, not which one or the other is more vital. (They ALL are! :smile:)

So lacking any updates on Winnemucca, and the fact that Tooele showed up under construction today ! I'm figuring Winnemucca will be last in the stretch.

10. emupilot

emupilot Member

The contractor for Winnemucca picked up the permit on January 20th, so construction has probably been going on there for a couple weeks already.

11. GRA

GRA Member

IMO, until Tesla puts an SC in the Price/Helper area, or else maybe Spanish Fork, there won't be an efficient cross-country route. And also gets I-70 across Missouri done, of course.

OTOH, seeing as how slow Missouri has been, maybe they'll just decide to extend I-80 eastward, via Evanston/Rock Springs/Rawlins/Laramie, and head on across Nebraska and Iowa to meet SCs advancing westward from Chicago, if I-70 continues to lag. They've got it slated for 2016, but who knows; if I-70 doesn't show some movement maybe they'll switch gears.

12. Kwat

Kwat Member

I drove the whole Salt Lake Hwy 80 to Sacramento trip this last weekend. We had to RV charge in Winnemucca as the transformer has not been set as yet.