Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Elko, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will the "Golden Spike" be Winnemucca or Toole? I hope both happen soon. I-15/I-70, I-80/I-70, then I-90 for E/W routes west of the divide!
Winnemucca will definitely be the Golden Spike. Tooele is a 'nice to have' so that people can do Wendover - SLC at the 80 mph speed limit, but Winnemucca is essential for S60s to make it from Lovelock to Elko at all in anything but ideal conditions (and only by driving well under the speed limit); with Winnemucca you can drive it like you stole it.

Winnemucca will definitely be the Golden Spike. Tooele is a 'nice to have' so that people can do Wendover - SLC at the 80 mph speed limit, but Winnemucca is essential for S60s to make it from Lovelock to Elko at all in anything but ideal conditions (and only by driving well under the speed limit); with Winnemucca you can drive it like you stole it.

You are ignoring the Wendover - Nephi route. For a cross country trip, not a destination in SLC, Toole is just as important as Winnemucca!

- - - Updated - - -

You are ignoring the Wendover — Nephi route. For a cross country trip, not a destination in SLC, Toole is just as important as Winnemucca!

By "golden spike" I mean the last link put into the chain chronologically, in old railroad context, not which one or the other is more vital. (They ALL are! :smile:)

So lacking any updates on Winnemucca, and the fact that Tooele showed up under construction today ! I'm figuring Winnemucca will be last in the stretch.

By "golden spike" I mean the last link put into the chain chronologically, in old railroad context, not which one or the other is more vital. (They ALL are! :smile:)

So lacking any updates on Winnemucca, and the fact that Tooele showed up under construction today ! I'm figuring Winnemucca will be last in the stretch.

The contractor for Winnemucca picked up the permit on January 20th, so construction has probably been going on there for a couple weeks already.

You are ignoring the Wendover - Nephi route. For a cross country trip, not a destination in SLC, Toole is just as important as Winnemucca!
IMO, until Tesla puts an SC in the Price/Helper area, or else maybe Spanish Fork, there won't be an efficient cross-country route. And also gets I-70 across Missouri done, of course.

OTOH, seeing as how slow Missouri has been, maybe they'll just decide to extend I-80 eastward, via Evanston/Rock Springs/Rawlins/Laramie, and head on across Nebraska and Iowa to meet SCs advancing westward from Chicago, if I-70 continues to lag. They've got it slated for 2016, but who knows; if I-70 doesn't show some movement maybe they'll switch gears.