Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ellensburg, WA - Canyon Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A dig ticket has been filed on Search and Status for a new Supercharger in Ellensburg!! Tesla's lead contractor for WA, Blackstone Construction, filed the ticket on Feb. 25th. Work is said to start on Wednesday March 2nd.

The new station will be built at the Surestay Hotel by BW at 1500 Canyon Rd

Ellensburg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent location, but not the best. I was hoping for the exit 106. Oh well, once again, another hotel where the parking lot is likely filled every night in the summer. At least walking distance to Starbucks. From the description, look for the white markings, though likely in the back SE, where the large semis are parked. Hmmmmm.
Location of Work:EXCAVATION SITE IS ON THE E SIDE OF THE ROAD. MARK ENTIRE PROP INCLUDING ENTIRE PARKING LOT BEHIND HOTEL AT ABV ADD
Remarks:AREA MARKED IN WHITE PAINT.
665493B7-C789-4129-A1B1-1F17CA941A7E.jpeg

This is a fairly meh location. The host hotel used to be a Super 8. Lots of fast food within walking distance just like the original Ellensburg supercharger. Which makes sense since it's only a few hundred feet away from the original :) Hopefully the parking lot is more spacious than the HIE lot.

We're starting to really get some good capacity and redundancy around most of Washington. I would like to see some secondary routes now filled in... maybe it doesn't get enough use in the winter, but I would like to see something on Highway 12, maybe Packwood area. I think this will become really important for Cybertruck and anyone towing. As people start to take their EVs more and more to recreation areas, we'll need chargers further away from major highway routes. Somewhere around Packwood would allow weekend camping and stuff without any worries about charge, even if towing and big elevation changes.

Good to see so much focus on WA right now, hopefully it keeps going!

It's only a few hundred feet, but that's a few hundred feet I usually dread walking in the winter. I'll call this a big win. The North Side of Burger King would be perfect another couple hundred feet onward but this is pretty good. Hopefully the old stalls remain as well so that Starbucks is still an option with minimal walking.

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
Any updates on this? Being Blackstone, guessing they will wait to finish Tuckwila before moving here? Anyone in the area who can check out the parking lot for signs of construction or where the underground services were marked with white paint?

@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright please mark as under construction.
Stopped by to see while topping off nearby. 4 of 12 chargers mounted, all concrete and pipes done, vault in place for transformer, wire and white cabinets are there, waiting.
First shot to north, 2nd to south.
Looks like a light is going to be put there too.

Attachments

• C2573B2D-BFE6-4205-8826-8CFDBFF87B6E.jpeg
    C2573B2D-BFE6-4205-8826-8CFDBFF87B6E.jpeg
    820.7 KB · Views: 128
  • A2E8F7A9-5C7F-4686-8389-5529889DF431.jpeg
    A2E8F7A9-5C7F-4686-8389-5529889DF431.jpeg
    701.6 KB · Views: 134
The covers have been removed and the Tesla logos are lit. No cars present. I was in a gas car, do don't know if they work.
It isn't in the Nav yet (at least not in my car), but if the logos are lit and the stalls are accessible, they should be available for use then. Still would like to see *photo* confirmation of someone charging posted in this thread before updating supercharge.info.

Reactions: goneskiian
It’s the 1st day of the NFL draft & Tesla is on the clock. They have drafted the 2nd set (12) of Ellensburg Superchargers.
NOT on disabled list anymore…Fully FUNCTIONAL! I am 1B…I was 80% full when engaged so I am not a good example for speed of charge.
Enter via “SURE STAY” hotel…NOT Wendys
Take a photo of it charging and it can then be updated on supercharger.info. Thanks!