Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ellensburg, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After some digging on Twitter, I found confirmation that the Ellensburg supercharger is well under construction! Major progress has been made since the beginning of the month.

http://instagram.com/p/hmPZibyHwj/

Thanks bdzierot on Instagram!

That is great! Thanks for the sleuthing. I look forward to more reports in the next couple weeks. We are going to Clarkston for Christmas with my wife's Dad, so I sure hope Puyallup Bill is right about the completion timing. Perhaps we can be there for the ribbon-cutting (our first!). All, please keep us posted if you get notice from Tesla of an opening date. Both our outgoing and return dates are flexible, so we could possibly adjust to make the opening.

- - - Updated - - -

What I find particularly hopeful about this photo is that it shows that the new transformer is already installed by the utility. This is often the LAST and rate-limiting step. The poles in the ground are for the supercharger cabinet installation, I believe. The actual stalls are out of photo to the right. This photo is shot at about right angles to mine above. In my photo, this area is out of shot to the left.

Here is some context for those not familiar with the site. The Instagram photo is of the area around the dropped pin (shot facing north). The charging spots are facing east just to the right (my photo in post #14 above). One can see the proximity to I-90 and the abundance of nearby fast food, etc.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1386598477.392071.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I posted this from Whistler, BC, so that is what the "5h 39min" driving time references.

Last edited:
Yup! We were incredibly lucky to arrive there today, about 2:45pm, JUST minutes after the ADK crew, the WA State inspector, and the Tesla supercharger tester converged to bless the installation. So we got to informally inaugurate the station! We bought Starbucks for the ADK guys, and they took a picture of my wife posing with the car for ADK's boss. As we know from the forum, he is a fan!

We did a 195 mi RR charge (50 to 245 RR) in a little over an hour. Our hobbled Signature was pinned at 90 kW from the start to about 55% SOC, so clearly the supercharger wanted to give us more... :-(

There are, oddly (no pun...), 5 slots here. I think that is a consequence of the parking lot structure. They did not include the spots to the south of the hotel transformer and island (right of my photo). Maybe the hotel got cold feet about losing that many parking spots. So I assume that one of the stalls has a private, unshared supercharger unit. In our excitement, I forgot to ask the crew or look at the connector labeling. First one is nose in, all others back in.

Here are the photos!
pybypu2e.jpg

se9aza8a.jpg

Last edited:
An Update

Good Morning,

Yup! We were incredibly lucky to arrive there today, about 2:45pm, JUST minutes after the ADK crew, the WA State inspector, and the Tesla supercharger tester converged to bless the installation. So we got to informally inaugurate the station! We bought Starbucks for the ADK guys, and they took a picture of my wife posing with the car for ADK's boss. As we know from the forum, he is a fan!

Yes, the Ellensburg Supercharger is officially online! Our guys wanted to make sure a thanks was passed on for the coffee :smile:

And we proudly present this pleasant pose picture, a perfectly postured and precisely parked photo :wink:

Tesla Ellensburg.jpg

Happy Holidays!

ADK Electric

Just got back from Ellensburg. S85, 30 miles of range, 37 degrees, twin chargers, latest firmware, VIN 60XX, no other cars. Max throughput was 88KWh on two different ports. Has anyone gotten more than 90 at Ellensburg yet?

Update: Type "A" battery.

Last edited:
Another visitor Saturday 12/28/13

Must have just missed you. I arrived 3:20 PM.

There seems to be a lot of discussion on charging rates for different supercharger sites and different Model S's so here is what mine showed. P85 vin 22709 - constructed mid Oct '13
I had 119 ideal range miles remaining. Starting Charge rate 370 mi/hr 250 amp @ 373 volts. started 3:22 pm
at 200 miles of range 290 mi/hr 145 amp @ 387 volts 3:45 pm
at 225 miles of range 272 mi/hr 128 amp @ 390 volts 3:50
at 275 miles of range 217 mi/hr 79 amps @ 402 volts 4:08
I quit at 290 miles of range 203 mi/hr 57 amps @ 403 volts 4:16 pm Total charging time was 54 minutes.

There has been discussion of "range", "can I make it" etc so I recorded my trip from Lakewood (just So. of Tacoma) in 3 legs both eastbound and westbound.

Total distance each way 130.7 mi. 32 deg. 1st leg Lakewood via I5/Hway 18 to junct. 18/I90 at speed limits no heater. dist 45 mi. used 62 mi. of range (tiger mtn.)
2nd leg I90 from Hway 18 to East summit speed control 67 mph dist 27.3 mi. used 54 mi of range
3rd leg from summit to supercharger speed control 67 mph dist 58.4 mi used 60 mi. of range

Return trip It was cold so used some heater amps 3rd leg Ellensburg to Summit speed control 67 mph used 95 range miles for 58.4 miles avg(30 mi) wH/mi 401
2nd leg Summit to Hway 18 speed control 67 mph used 24 range miles for 28.1 miles 230
1st leg Hway 18 to home speed limits used 57 range miles for 45 miles 310

Maybe this will help someone to predict the energy usage for this trip.

The supercharger setup is well done, 5 chargers 2 pictures below. Also Recargo website didn't have this supercharger shown so I entered the info.

Attachments

• P1030575_T.png
    P1030575_T.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 559
  • P1030573_T.png
    P1030573_T.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 560
Thanks John. Given that you were slightly below 40% SOC when you started charging at 93KW, I think it's likely it's a 120KW capable charger.

Also, did you happen to note which station is the odd one out? ie, not sharing a charger. I'd guess it's the nose in station...

PS, beautiful car! Still fairly new.