Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ellensburg, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, I forgot to mention that I also checked on the 3rd Street downtown EBurg charging stations (Google Maps) for new construction, which is now in progress. A few months back, the local utility added 3-phase transformers to the pole at the SW corner. Now it looks like the concrete forms have been started for the charger placement. It might be done this summer, so check Plugshare. This could be useful overflow for those with a Chademo adapter.

No, unfortunately, this is NOT a SC, but rather an extension of the WA Electric Highways, partially funded through our $150/yr license fee. This will be a single, dual-headed Chademo/CCS DCQC, with service provided for possible future expansion to two stations. There will be nine additional locations in Eastern WA and nine additional stations on I-5. More info here:
https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/NR/rdonlyres/0DED5F62-5C83-456A-BD26-6176941A5F29/0/EVIPP_NOPA.pdf

I gave the Green Lots Charge a try this morning. It topped out at 38 kW. I also noticed that the Plugshare availability indication was useless. It showed available the whole time I was there. While the charging was slow, there is a lot more to do downtown.

we also stopped at Ellensburg Sunday morning 7-15-18-we called in the stall that was down ( 2 B if I recall correctly) we were the only one there after expecting it to be full - We were there maybe 15 min to get enough charge to get to Lynnwood.

I was there ~12:30p on 7/15. One of the '2' stalls was indeed not working for at least 3 S cars (one sig, two with new nose). I ended up using 2A, getting my typical 88kW peak before the near-instant taper dropped me down to low 80s, then soon after 70s (Sig, A pack).

we also stopped at Ellensburg Sunday morning 7-15-18-we called in the stall that was down ( 2 B if I recall correctly) we were the only one there after expecting it to be full - We were there maybe 15 min to get enough charge to get to Lynnwood.
I drove from Boise to Seattle this past weekend, so I was there in Ellensburg Friday and Monday. It was empty when I got there, and I noticed the weird arrangement with 3A being all by itself, so I took that. When I came out, two cars were on 1A and 1B, and one of the guys asked me about slow charging rates. I told them about pairing, pointing out that they were sharing the power. They had never heard of the Supercharger pairing of course. So one of the guys moved to 2B and discovered "no power". I'm glad you called that in, because I forgot to. I was full at that point, though, so I said I was leaving, and he could move over to the unpaired 3A spot.

When I came back through on Monday, I had a bit of the heat limiting, though. It was stuck at about 40-41kW while I was still just getting up to about 42% state of charge. And that was on 3A.

I was there on July 4. One of the chargers - probably 2B - wasn't working then either (although everything else seemed fine, and we got over 100kW), and I called it in.

We saw two other people while we were there, and neither of them had heard of Supercharger pairing either. (We had also been there on June 24, but did not see anybody else then).

I drove from Boise to Seattle this past weekend, so I was there in Ellensburg Friday and Monday. It was empty when I got there, and I noticed the weird arrangement with 3A being all by itself, so I took that. When I came out, two cars were on 1A and 1B, and one of the guys asked me about slow charging rates. I told them about pairing, pointing out that they were sharing the power. They had never heard of the Supercharger pairing of course. So one of the guys moved to 2B and discovered "no power". I'm glad you called that in, because I forgot to. I was full at that point, though, so I said I was leaving, and he could move over to the unpaired 3A spot.

When I came back through on Monday, I had a bit of the heat limiting, though. It was stuck at about 40-41kW while I was still just getting up to about 42% state of charge. And that was on 3A.
I was there on Sat/Mon as well and arrived just slightly before it filled up completely, with eventually one waiting. I took a picture, but didn't bother posting. This SC is shows many growing pains configurations: 1) only five stalls, 2) paired stalls are NOT next to each other causing confusion, 3) one unpaired stall (3A), and 4) one pull in stall that requires multi-point parking or driving against a one-way drive path.

As I've state up-thread, we are in desperate need of another site with at least 12 stalls, not just more stalls at this cramped site. Also, be aware of common ICEing in the early AM hours by late-arriving hotel guests. At this point, I carefully time my visits to the SC to avoid the early AM and 1-2pm Sunday hours. So far, I've been lucky, but with additional Model 3 sales, I expect continued full charging this summer. We just need patience and try to plan enough extra travel time.

Reactions: MikeR2k and Rocky_H
Thanks to everyone that has called in broken SC stalls. I hope people also call into to complain when they have to wait because it's full. I believe tesla looks at the stats on various support calls. If they get enough complaints, it may move the priority up a bit. To me fixing eBurg should be very close to the top of the list of SC work in the Northwest.

Reactions: Araman0 and IdaX
The charging map shows another Ellensburg charging location in the works, hope that happens sooner than later
Yes, that "coming soon" location has been there a while. Last year it said "target opening 2017", now it says "target opening 2018". Just like all the other gray locations in WA on the Tesla Map. I highly discourage the holding of one's breath on that.

My point is we all need to let Tesla know that we want that expansion SC sooner, not later. That's what I meant by "fixing eburg".

Tried to top off here today before hitting pass traffic on my way back west. 1B was performing about 25% as well as 3A. A stop that was estimated at 15 minutes before plugging in gave an estimate of one hour connected to 1B, and back to 15 minutes when I moved to 3A. Didn't try either of the 2* chargers.

3 people were charging when I arrived, with 2 stations underperforming or worse. At a 5 stall site, that's a problem. Tried to call Tesla to lodge my complaint, but after 20 minutes on hold I gave up. Maybe I'll look for an email option on their website...

Ok folks, time for some super sleuthing. I’ve heard rumor of a 12 station SC to be located in Cle Elum very soon, like construction maybe already underway. Likely location is the eastern I-90 exit. I searched for permits but came up empty. Anyone heading that way to confirm? I don’t think we have enough to go on yet to even start a new thread. Edit: no, this location isn’t even on the Tesla futures map.

Reactions: Araman0 and IdaX
Ok folks, time for some super sleuthing. I’ve heard rumor of a 12 station SC to be located in Cle Elum very soon, like construction maybe already underway. Likely location is the eastern I-90 exit. I searched for permits but came up empty. Anyone heading that way to confirm? I don’t think we have enough to go on yet to even start a new thread. Edit: no, this location isn’t even on the Tesla futures map.
I think I'll be heading that way on Wednesday, so if no one checks between now and then I will do some sleuthing.

Any suggestions on where to sleuth are appreciated. I'm not super familiar with the town and there is no Fred Meyer or Target so no obvious locations to look at. Also, the layout of the town is kind of strange with 2 of the exits being only in one direction. The eastern exit 85 is a normal exit for both directions, but there aren't many businesses nearby that seem likely to host a supercharger. Just from looking at google maps, it seems that the Best Western might be the best location even though it isn't really an easy on/off.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I think I'll be heading that way on Wednesday, so if no one checks between now and then I will do some sleuthing.
Thanks! Part of the rumor also includes a snippet of conversation about a solar array being added on the roof of a nearby coffee shop. My guess is near Pioneer Coffee near S.Oaks