Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ellensburg, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ribbon cutting Tuesday at 10.
supercharger_invite_01_498x293.png
Join us for the Ellensburg, WA Supercharger Opening!
crm_map_marker_13x16.png
Ellensburg Supercharger
1620 Canyon Road, Ellensburg, WA 98926
crm_calendar_17x17.png
Tuesday, January 21st at 10am
We are excited to announce a new Supercharger location in Ellensburg, Washington. To commemorate this important milestone for Tesla and our Northwest community, we would like to invite you, your family and your friends to attend the ribbon cutting ceremony and celebrate with us.

Details
No RSVP is required for this event. Due to the expected volume of Model S owners, there may be a wait for charging. Please plan accordingly.
Tesla Motors | 3500 Deer Creek Road | Palo Alto, CA 94304
Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

It was cold! Seven or eight Model S showed for the event. Tri-Cities, Wenatchee, and Seattle area were represented. Very nice site and the Holiday Inn Express manager told me they were planning to place a J1772 L2 charger on their lot sometime soon. She is hoping to get one or two reservations a year out of this deal. Hopefully the EV community will do much better that her expectations.

Can you make it safely (EVTrip Planner says 222 Range Miles Used, which is possible if I range charge at Ellensburg) to do a round trip to the Tri-Cities from the Ellensburg supercharger and back? Meeting in Richland, with no where to charge, then a quick turnaround... Anyone done the round trip?

I did it using state routes 243/240 so I could go slower and pass the RV park just south of the Vantage bridge if I needed to top off before the climb back to E-burg. But I didn't need it. I made it to Ellensburg with over 20 miles of range, but I drove slowly where there was no traffic (read 45-50) and went 55 up the slope west of Vantage (tucked in behind a truck). I also traveled to Red Mountain, probably 5 miles total distance longer than your route. I was carrying 200 lbs of grapes, though. It was about 60 degrees, no wind to speak of.

Thanks. I'm going to try the 243/240 route as well. Should be good weather, but not looking forward to 55 mph on the I-90 portion... May try to find an L2 in Richland, even if for an hour. 20 mile cushion may come in handy... Not carrying grapes :), just me. Good thought on the RV park. I have a friend that has a house in Desert Aire, so that may be my fail safe.

Thanks. I'm going to try the 243/240 route as well. Should be good weather, but not looking forward to 55 mph on the I-90 portion... May try to find an L2 in Richland, even if for an hour. 20 mile cushion may come in handy... Not carrying grapes :), just me. Good thought on the RV park. I have a friend that has a house in Desert Aire, so that may be my fail safe.
PM me if you need a charge. I have helped a few others out before. Several 85's have made it, and yes, use 240/243. Also, if spending the night, there are a couple of hotels with 120 V plugs. There is now a public Blink in Pasco (only 7 KW) at Franklin PUD. I'm working on a couple of other locations and could use some extra help (hint, hint, showing up with a Tesla at the business that I'm pitching the charging station).

It's doable. Barely. Headwinds hurt! Averaged 450'ish kwh coming out of Richland in a strong headwind. Found a 120v thanks to ReddyLeaf and it gave me the 32 mile cushion I needed to not drive 55 on I-90!
You're welcome! Yes, headwinds are killers (but much easier in a Tesla than a Leaf)!

Saturday a little after midnight, 3 Teslas were charging after a concert at the Gorge. No ICEing. Though the cones were off to the side when I got there in the afternoon and I placed them in from of the spaces to help insure they would stay open that evening.

I've been thinking about this cone thing and wondering why it is as effective as it seems to be. I think it's because, in general, there is a desire to just park the car and get out. Anything that makes the stalls look like more effort says move along. Having to stop in middle of the lot, get out move the cone, get back in and then park is viewed as a waste of time so they find a spot where they don't have to. Though, when I use the SC, I don't bother moving cones, just drive around them. It's possible that the cones just add one more level of warning to ICErs.