Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ellenton, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visited the Ellenton Outlet mall tonight and saw these new chargers almost ready. 16 spots soon at FL exit 224 on I-75. :)

Supercharger 2.jpeg

Supercharger 1.jpeg

Ellenton, FL

Host Type: Mall
Host: Ellenton Premium Outlets
Along Primary Interstates: I-75
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-41, US-301
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-75

To: Sun City Center, FL - 17.4 miles
Diversion: 2.4 miles
To: Riverview, FL - 24.2 miles

US-41

To: Sun City Center, FL - 25.4 miles
Diversion: 9.5 miles
To: Riverview, FL - 31.8 miles

US-301

To: Sun City Center, FL - 20.6 miles
Diversion: 1.9 miles
To: Riverview, FL - 23.7 miles

Tesla continues to add density along I-75 in Florida.

Hah.

Ellenton,'s Outlet mall is a pretty damn popular one, there's an ice rink there as well.

Interesting that they deployed both Tesla and Electrify America chargers there, but that the mall is doing it is no real surprise to me, because it's pretty popular.

Wonder if all the Prime Outlet malls are deploying them now. Someone should keep an eye on the one in North Tampa. There's a Supercharger at the Wawa near it, but if Tesla is looking for places to drop chargers, I could see them dropping another in that area, as it is pretty affluent.

Limited hours can be a pain for the late night traveler. I ran into this issue with the St. Augustine Supercharger. Enough folks probably complained and they opened another Supercharger across I-95 on the same road. Why do this again? Also, traffic congestion around this I-75 intersection is bad during rush hour and weekends. Local construction doesn't help, but hopefully will alleviate the traffic concerns.

Reactions: X Fan
True the Super Chargers are open 24/7 but the mall is not so if you arrive between 11PM to 4:AM the gates to the parking lot are locked. Call security at 773-680-4233 and they will come open the gate. Nice guys. They were nice to standby and chat while supercharging at 2:AM in the morning, really appreciated that. Great spot.

Last edited: