Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Eloy, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eloy, AZ

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Circle K
Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Tucson - W River Rd, AZ - 47.3 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Tucson, AZ (v2) - 70.3 miles

Displacing the somewhat ironic Casa Grande, AZ, which has only 6 V2 stalls.

Also improves the I-8/I-10 transition cutting out 9 miles, 8 minutes and charging time compared to a diversion to Casa Grande, AZ.

That will likely be a busy place. I was wondering where they would put the Casa Grande overflow Supercharger. This location makes sense Eloy probably has plenty of power and like Itsnotaboutthemoney said above, it helps with I-8 from a diversion point of view. I wonder how long it will take to install- We were at Beaver UT when they dropped in the first pre-fab Superchargers They set 16 stalls while we charged that day. I think it was < 3 weeks from start to finish on that upgrade.

Yay! Perhaps a site for a future V4 Charger?
I love it when these things pop up out of thin air.
I agree that it might mean that the older Casa Grande site might get shut down as that location doesn't seem to have much room for expansion, although the mall on the north side of the road is quite huge.

Construction has begun here. Visited Wednesday 8 February 2023.
The Circle K adjacent to this station is open 24/7. Men’s restroom is ok. The Xpress Fuel Travel Center to the south has larger and nicer restrooms.

Attachments

• 398D1260-BDE2-4E44-A7C0-65C38F061FDE.jpeg
    398D1260-BDE2-4E44-A7C0-65C38F061FDE.jpeg
    535.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 3997AAED-C6E9-40FB-9921-897159FD8ED6.jpeg
    3997AAED-C6E9-40FB-9921-897159FD8ED6.jpeg
    629.2 KB · Views: 176
Eloy, AZ

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Circle K
Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Tucson - W River Rd, AZ - 47.3 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Tucson, AZ (v2) - 70.3 miles

Displacing the somewhat ironic Casa Grande, AZ, which has only 6 V2 stalls.

Also improves the I-8/I-10 transition cutting out 9 miles, 8 minutes and charging time compared to a diversion to Casa Grande, AZ.
Ironic or Iconic?

I made another site visit today. Paving still not completed. There were electricians working there today. In our brief conversation across the fence I was told they thought this Supercharger would be online as soon as the end of this week or maybe next week. I did not ask if a power company, jurisdictional, or Tesla inspection was required prior to opening this station to the public.
We had rains over the weekend and there was a huge puddle in the Circle K lot next to the driveway entrance off Toltec Road closest to the Supercharger. The parking and driving footprint around this Circle K is massive (it has semi truck fueling on the south side), so you can easily drive around the puddle on either side of the building.
I won't be able to visit this site until the end of March, so perhaps someone else following this location can check in next week?
IMG_3775.JPG
IMG_3774.JPG