Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Elwood, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like this one is getting close to completion, but still appears to be waiting on the big green transformer on that empty pad on the left side with the orange cones. This was posted on my FB today:

View attachment 794127
Is the energy company's transformer (big green box) in yet? If not, it really isn't close to being finished. Once the transformer is in, the utility company has to install the meter. At that point, we will be close. Hopefully, someone can stop by and at least find the concrete pad for the transformer.

Is the energy company's transformer (big green box) in yet? If not, it really isn't close to being finished. Once the transformer is in, the utility company has to install the meter. At that point, we will be close. Hopefully, someone can stop by and at least find the concrete pad for the transformer.

no transformer on the pad. the pad is under the cones to the left of the tesla white boxes. ready to do.

2022-04-30 18.22.26.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Thinkje and spokey
It looks like on the map the supercharger is on the northbound side. Can you access this supercharger if you are driving south on the expressway? Sorry if that’s a dumb question, not familiar with the road and if it’s limited access.

It looks like on the map the supercharger is on the northbound side. Can you access this supercharger if you are driving south on the expressway? Sorry if that’s a dumb question, not familiar with the road and if it’s limited access.
yes
Yes, the superchargers are accessible from both directions. There is a road near the gas station that connects the two sides. It’s a large paved area with the lanes in both directions just painted on the pavement.

Reactions: djinn1
I actually nabbed it easier from SB (leaving the shore)
I think we have a semantic issue here. I think you're saying you were traveling from AC->Philly. I'd call that north bound and I haven't seen it yet but my understanding is that is where they are at. Guess it doesn't matter if you can get at it from either direction. And I'd probably hit it going that way anyway. I can almost get to my sister's (Rio Grande) and back but not quite so it makes sense to stop going home.

I think we have a semantic issue here. I think you're saying you were traveling from AC->Philly. I'd call that north bound and I haven't seen it yet but my understanding is that is where they are at. Guess it doesn't matter if you can get at it from either direction. And I'd probably hit it going that way anyway. I can almost get to my sister's (Rio Grande) and back but not quite so it makes sense to stop going home.
Yes I could be mixing it up. It’s closer to the side of the plaza that you enter when you’re traveling from AC to Philly. But it’d accessible from both directions.

Given your trip and state of charge it makes sense to hit it on the way home.