Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ely, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is exciting, I actually get to start a new Supercharger thread!

Some of you may remember me from the Heyburn, ID Supercharger thread. Well, we've got another one going in Ely finally.
Ridley's supermarket has just signed the contract to host a Tesla supercharger at their store in Ely.
This is all I have so far. I'm old friends with the owner so he'll keep me in the loop on the progress. Hopefully some permits will come up soon.

This is exciting, I actually get to start a new Supercharger thread!

Some of you may remember me from the Heyburn, ID Supercharger thread. Well, we've got another one going in Ely finally.
Ridley's supermarket has just signed the contract to host a Tesla supercharger at their store in Ely.
This is all I have so far. I'm old friends with the owner so he'll keep me in the loop on the progress. Hopefully some permits will come up soon.
Excellent news. Keep us posted on any progress.

Tesla recently updated official its Supercharger maps to add a SC in Ely, NV. Target date - Q4 2022. End of the year.

Unfortunately, its pretty isolated, there are no other stations near the Ely one - nothing within 125 mi along the US highways on either side, east, west, or south (I-80 is to the north). IMO they need a SC in Crystal Springs/Alamo to enable connections from Vegas, especially in the winter time.

Tesla recently updated official its Supercharger maps to add a SC in Ely, NV. Target date - Q4 2022. End of the year.

Unfortunately, its pretty isolated, there are no other stations near the Ely one - nothing within 125 mi along the US highways on either side, east, west, or south (I-80 is to the north). IMO they need a SC in Crystal Springs/Alamo to enable connections from Vegas, especially in the winter time.

Yay! It does help open up US 50. (Wish they'd also scheduled one for Fallon.) Also nicely splits Tonapah <-> Wendover.

Still, with or without a CHAdeMO adapter, and hot or cold, ABRP routes via Ely, NV between Las Vegas, NV and Wells, NV so it's bound to be a time saver.

Also, remember that every node makes it easier for Tesla to add other nodes, just from a practical point of view of techs being able to drive to places off-network.

There are already CCS and CHAdeMO chargers in Alamo, NV and Panaca, NV so there may be a way to put Superchargers in those places.

Plus, it will be a 3 US Numbered Highway splitter: US-6, US-50 and US-93.

While true for travelers from Vegas, it makes sense for people from LA who can shoot up 395 to Bishop to US 6 to Ely, Wells, and central/eastern Idaho. Granted your subset of travelers is much larger than the LA crowd. Then what Money said above: This is but one node that will allow easier travel along US50 as well.

Tesla seems to have done some minor updates today on timelines for upcoming supercharger stations. Ely is now showing target Q3 2022 (up from Q4 2022).
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 5.14.11 PM.png

Tesla seems to have done some minor updates today on timelines for upcoming supercharger stations. Ely is now showing target Q3 2022 (up from Q4 2022).
I just texted Mr. Ridley, this was news to him. He's not privy to a lot of the red tape going on, but he says they pulled their building permit for a new coffee shop that's going to go in next to the charger, and they're trying to coordinate the install with that project. Might have held it up a bit but that's a good sign if it got moved up to 3rd Quarter. If I hear anything I'll post it.