Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ely, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang. I may have to add 267 miles to my trip... Going to Boise from Las Vegas. Much prefer the lightly-patrolled two lane straight up through Nevada.
Yeah it's faster to just go through SLC in a Tesla. 1hr20min more driving but superchargers the whole way. I've been driving that route for Seattle to Vegas for the last few years. Looking forward to the Ely supercharger!

Oh no!

My trip is at the end of September...

I'm going to have to buy a CCS adapter through South Korea...
Hey if it helps, I just got the CCS adapter Harumio is selling themselves (not the Tesla branded one they were doing before) for $230. Took 10 days to get here shipped from China. I tested it last night at an Electrify America and hit 150kW starting around 15% SOC. If your car has CCS adapter enabled it's one of a few options out there.

Hey if it helps, I just got the CCS adapter Harumio is selling themselves (not the Tesla branded one they were doing before) for $230. Took 10 days to get here shipped from China. I tested it last night at an Electrify America and hit 150kW starting around 15% SOC. If your car has CCS adapter enabled it's one of a few options out there.

You are fortunate as Harumio seems to have stopped selling that aftermarket adapter.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
I recommend it. If nothing else, just to see the amazing Bristlecone Pines.
It is way out of the way between Vegas and Tahoe though.
Last time I was in Great Basin NP it wasn't even a NP! Just Lehman Caves National Monument. I fully expect Ely to be up and running by the next time I make it back there. Heck, it's far enough in the future that I kinda hope there's one in Austin by then. Won't even need a CCS adapter for Tahoe-Zion if that happens!

Reactions: 1100MCM
From Boise to Tucson through the Great Basin pre Tesla was a fabulous experience few have shared. Rolling the dice to get through in the Tesla was just too close a call. Leaving again in late December, and looking forward with glee to another great driving experience that the Ely supercharger will make possible.

They briefly posted the address on the Tesla website
Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 12.35.37 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX