Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Emeryville, CA - Powell Street Plaza (LIVE 28 Mar 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stumbled across this months old information when looking for a supercharger in Emeryville:

Tesla Supercharger Station, On May 18th staff met with representatives of City Center Realty Group and Tesla Inc. to discuss a possible location for a supercharging station at the Public Market

I haven't found any online access to building permits, but I sent an e-mail to Public Market management asking if anything came of this.

I found something interesting in Fairfield when doing a Google search. In this list of new project submittals and approvals from 10/16-10/19 it includes "Tesla Charging Station" at 1350 Travis Blvd which is the Solano Town Center
Nice find! Too bad the project plan is not online. Until this is confirmed as a Supercharger site and not just a bunch of Destination Chargers (HPCs) I would like to hold off on creating a specific thread for it in the California Supercharger Forum. That said, it likely is a new Supercharger site, but we don’t have confirmation on that yet. Please monitor that project submitted if you can and let us know what you find out. Thanks!

I stumbled across this months old information when looking for a supercharger in Emeryville:

I haven't found any online access to building permits, but I sent an e-mail to Public Market management asking if anything came of this.

Don't see any permits yet either, but this was from last month:

https://www.ci.emeryville.ca.us/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/3368

Tesla Supercharging Station, 5959 Shellmound Street. A Minor Design Review application for
electric vehicle charging stations at the Public Market was submitted on October 24 (pending).

• Disagree
Reactions: bmah
The Emeryville possible new supercharger at the Public Market is a good location but it's a narrow space.
The various parking lots are often full because of the local mall and eateries stores,
and the Amtrack train station used by commuters going to Sacramento.

I noticed various comments about new Superchargers located near a Target store.
There is in fact vacant lot south of the Emeryville Target store, near Best Buy,
which could be a perfect store for a 20+ supercharger site?

CITY OF EMERYVILLE - COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
SUBJECT: PROGRESS REPORT – OCTOBER 2017

Target Parking Lot Redesign, 1555 40th Street.
A Minor Design Review application to modify the driveways and drive-aisles
for more efficient operation was submitted on August 10 (pending).

Emeryville - South of Target store - Empty lot - Street View .jpg

Emeryville - South of Target store - Empty lot - Map .jpg

Last edited:
Not sure I'd want a supercharger next to this Target in Emeryville. Last week there was a sideshow, and last night there was a shooting...

Hundreds involved in illegal Oakland, Emeryville sideshows

Police Investigating Shooting Outside Emeryville Target

Yeah I saw that shooting report in the news and was thinking the same thing.

Note for those not familiar with Emeryville: That's not the location mentioned in the permit (permit application?), which is at the Emeryville Public Market. So far there's no sign that Tesla is going to put a Supercharger anywhere near the Target...that was a fellow forum member's suggestion.

Bruce.

Not sure I'd want a supercharger next to this Target in Emeryville. Last week there was a sideshow, and last night there was a shooting...

Hundreds involved in illegal Oakland, Emeryville sideshows

Police Investigating Shooting Outside Emeryville Target
This was from that article: "Some of the videos showed some spectators hit by the spinning cars but there were no reports of serious injuries. Gunfire was also heard by police but no victims were found." Perhaps they stuffed the bodies in trunks and disposed of them elsewhere. Scary!

• Funny
Reactions: NeverFollow
This was from that article: "Some of the videos showed some spectators hit by the spinning cars but there were no reports of serious injuries. Gunfire was also heard by police but no victims were found." Perhaps they stuffed the bodies in trunks and disposed of them elsewhere. Scary!

I'm not sure if you're really serious with that "bodies in trunks" comment, but it's completely possible there were no victims at all. Emeryville may have its problems, but it doesn't need those problems compounded by speculation. (You realize that the two articles were describing two different incidents, right?)

Bruce.

Reactions: Blu Zap