Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Emeryville, CA - Powell Street Plaza (LIVE 28 Mar 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
24F5F117-5E84-4EDC-A3D7-81BAAC3D2E8F.png
Awesome! The old Pyramid brewery location on Gilman and Eighth will be the Tesla service center in Berkeley.
I also noticed:

Design Review Bike Share Station, 5959 Shellmound Street. A Minor Design Review
application for a bike share docking station at the Public Market was submitted on February 22 (pending).

However, the Ford GoBike (19) docks have already been installed (less than one month after approval).
I guess, the bicycle docks installation requests less construction permits than a Tesla Supercharger!
(I believe that each docking station's reservation computer is self-powered with a small solar panel.)
Bike Share | City of Emeryville, CA - Official Website

View attachment 288106

The Emeryville Super charger design review was finally approved in May!!!!

5959 Shellmound St in Emeryville is the address of the Public Market retail center.

I noticed a lot of parking remodeling all around the block, so it is difficult to predict the real location.

The Supercharger might also be located inside a parking lot, a little bit like the Cupertino Supercharger?

So it's no more the Hyatt hotel parking lot, at 5800 Shellmound St.

I stopped by Emeryville, and I noticed on the back of the Hyatt hotel parking lot, ten parking stalls
with a cone blocking their access, so I suspect this might be the location of the future Supercharger?

View attachment 282300

View attachment 282301

So I stopped by just now and looked, those spaces just had signs up saying "permit parking only", looks like the redrawing of the boundaries of that parking lot have required the hotel to make a bigger distinction so people parking in the newly expanded Public Market lot will not flow into the hotel's lot. Perhaps those cones were just so they could paint the fence there.

I did, however, notice that Hyatt House has 4 destination chargers, not on the Tesla map nor on PlugShare, so I added it to the latter:

Plugshare - Hyatt House

The parking lot for Public Market is still a LOT of dirt, so it may just be waiting for construction to finish to add these Tesla spaces, but in the short run, there is a place to plug-in in the same lot.

-Randy

Last edited:
The parking lot for Public Market is still a LOT of dirt, so it may just be waiting for construction to finish to add these Tesla spaces, but in the short run, there is a place to plug-in in the same lot.

The parking lots to the east of Shellmound are destined to be new buildings. They are currently using parcels A and B for parking, parcel C I think is done and parcel D may be in progress already.

upload_2018-6-16_19-54-46.jpeg

Parcel C has a parking garage with a top floor which might be an ok spot for superchargers, except there are gates and a parking entrance attendant which make it less easy to get in and out. It’d be easier to eventually use the row of parking to the north (left) of parcel F and put some chargers there.

Parcel A is the new lot with cars parking on it and signs saying "this is Public Market Parking". Parcel B is currently a dirt lot with machines parked on it. Parcel C looks close to done, Parcel D is getting HUGE, blocks the sky. Don't see a Parcel E. Parcel F has a bunch of solar panels on it with cars parking below, no chargers.

East in this photo is UP, West, toward the water, is down. So you say the parking lots to the UP of Shellmound are destined to be new buildings? There are railroad tracks there, no? Perhaps you mean Parcel B is new buildings, it's just dirt now.

-Randy

So you say the parking lots to the UP of Shellmound are destined to be new buildings? There are railroad tracks there, no? Perhaps you mean Parcel B is new buildings, it's just dirt now.

They need somewhere to have people park cars during construction until all the plans are executed. Whether or not the plans have changed I do not know. But from this image and another PDF I have seen online somewhere, parcels A and B between Shellmound and the railroad tracks are supposed to be new buildings with their own parking.

They need somewhere to have people park cars during construction until all the plans are executed. Whether or not the plans have changed I do not know. But from this image and another PDF I have seen online somewhere, parcels A and B between Shellmound and the railroad tracks are supposed to be new buildings with their own parking.

Parcel B has the address 5950-5600 Shellmond and is supposed to be 300 parking spaces with 26,000 sq ft retail (slightly smaller than the New Seasons grocery footprint parcel C which is 30,000 sq ft)

Parcel A is supposed to be 167 residential and 14,000 sq ft retail.

So is there much going on inside the Market these days?

I was there 6 months ago and the place was a shadow of what it was 3 or 4 years ago when I worked on the other side of the tracks and went there for lunch all the time. Fewer eateries, not a lot of customers, high prices.

if it is still like this why are they working on the parking lot expansion? City of Emeryville have all the Pixar and biotech tax money and nothing to spend it on.

There are a couple new update documents from the City of Emeryville: Community Development Department September 1st and Memo to the City Council September 14th. They both say the following:

Note the address change to the shopping center right next to the freeway at the Powell Street exit.

Interesting! That strip mall is a lot older, and has fewer higher end choices for food. Trader Joe’s is a plus, since the fancy market at the previous site never opened up. There is no other construction there so it’s probably ready to start. The parking lot is tight and busy though. Across the street around the Black Bear Diner might be better.

Reactions: NeverFollow
There already is the Volta charging stations there, it's quite a bad parking lot, especially since to LEAVE you have to go completely around the moon. There is no 'just bet back on the freeway' exit to that lot. If they kept it over by the Public Market, the way you got there is the way you get back on the road. But there isn't a lot of parking now near the market. I do like it when I can see the superchargers from the freeway, perhaps that's the thinking.

-Randy

Reactions: NeverFollow