Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Emeryville, CA - Powell Street Plaza (LIVE 28 Mar 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for your post and the photos. But with so many Electrify America charging locations under construction, I’d like to see some Tesla crates onsite to confirm.

EA's planned Emeryville site is at 4120 San Pablo Blvd while Tesla's permit is for this shopping center, so I think it is very likely to be the supercharger even though there isn't any Tesla equipment to confirm it.

EA's planned Emeryville site is at 4120 San Pablo Blvd while Tesla's permit is for this shopping center, so I think it is very likely to be the supercharger even though there isn't any Tesla equipment to confirm it.

I agree you're probably right on the location. Just be aware this is our standard practice for changing the status in the thread title...we need to see something Tesla-branded on-site to be rock-solid sure. (Even then we can be surprised...as was the case for the cancelled Calabasas Supercharger.)

Oh yeah, a selfie of you wearing a Tesla t-shirt does not count...I mean something like a shipping crate or charging equipment. :)

Bruce.

By the way, beside the Palo Alto, Fremont, and Las Vegas, how many V3 Superchargers have been installed so far?
“By the way” is another way of saying “Off topic for this thread but what about...?” ;)

I’ve started a new thread for that topic, the discussion can be continued here Confirmed V3 Superchargers in California

Thank you.

“By the way” is another way of saying “Off topic for this thread but what about...?” ;)

I’ve started a new thread for that topic, the discussion can be continued here Confirmed V3 Superchargers in California

Thank you.

I stopped by this morning and saw a lot of construction equipment and people moving around but did not see anything Tesla related. They have fencing up so you cant see much.

Does anyone know how long do supercharge buildouts normally take?

Reddit: 12 stall Supercharger being installed in Emeryville, CA

Credit: alphonsis

Wj6OPAd.jpg
DcrygH2.jpg
hDSXSw1.jpg

Last edited:
I think the transformer in the first photo was there before construction, and in California it is very rare (one case - Concord - that I know of) for a transformer to be in place before the supercharger construction. There is a pad shown below the garbage enclosure in the first photo which could be for the new transformer. The large cluster of conduits coming up in 4 clumps implies to me that it will be 3 V3 cabinets + switchgear but PowerPack(s) are expected as well for V3 and it's hard to see where that would go.

That's exciting. I haven't tried a V3 charge yet. Although I never get low enough to get the full benefit in day to day driving so perhaps that's moot. It'd be nice to get some V3s on the route to LA.
Agreed. I think V3 chargers are needed more along the rural major interstates stretches (ex. I5 and Hwy 99) than in urban areas. There are many more potential locations for Superchargers locations associated with existing infrastructure in urban/suburban areas. And even an urban SuperCharger helps a commuter top up.

Agreed. I think V3 chargers are needed more along the rural major interstates stretches (ex. I5 and Hwy 99) than in urban areas.
There are many more potential locations for Superchargers locations associated with existing infrastructure in urban/suburban areas.
And even an urban SuperCharger helps a commuter top up.

The Alameda Supercharger, which is the closest one, has 12 chargers and is not really easy to access from the freeway, is always full.
So I imagine that this new Emeryville Supercharger will be even more crowded, especially with the number of Model 3 that you can see everywhere.