Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Emeryville, CA - Shellmound St. (LIVE 20 Nov 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C96C2E9F-C9AF-4CC0-98DC-44E9439D7F30.jpeg
Wow wow wow! This is Crazy!! We have a super charger in Emeryville already and yet Tesla is making another one. Hold my beer!! Is it on Map marked as coming soon?! I doubt it! location is: Emeryville Public Market! Where a lot of us were estimating as the location for the other one!

4BE97883-9547-41CB-89A7-5DA4BA43DE49.jpeg

47C88836-712E-4F09-BE36-60418E2CB60C.jpeg

03E5C33E-F84B-429E-854D-085B0FC12385.jpeg

Reactions: PedramGh and Chuq
Dang, now you need to move, you have discovered 3 unknown Superchargers in your neighborhood, how many more can there be?

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 6.42.07 PM.png

Google Maps, also attached the Apple Maps 3D image, but this one's better.

Gonna be right next to the original DC chargers in the East Bay area, we beelined here when we got our first electric car back in 2015.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 6.36.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 6.36.35 PM.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PedramGh
Interesting, I have a couple of green dots on my supercharge.info display for this area (green dots are custom ones that individuals can add themselves) - I can't remember adding them so must have been some time ago - there may have been discussion about this location a long time ago in one of the speculation threads?

upload_2020-8-8_11-45-20.png

Interesting, I have a couple of green dots on my supercharge.info display for this area (green dots are custom ones that individuals can add themselves) - I can't remember adding them so must have been some time ago - there may have been discussion about this location a long time ago in one of the speculation threads?

View attachment 573715
I think it was probably from my post in the other Emeryville thread re: information from the city's building dept. saying there was another supercharger in planning for the Public Market complex. See:
(apologies for 3 consecutive posts)

So, since my friend's site visits hadn't turned up anything (see above), I called the Emeryville building dept. to ask about the status and was told some interesting info. I was told that there are actually building permit applications for 2 different Superchargers in Emeryville. The first is for the location we've been recently discussing, and that permit has been approved but not yet actually issued. So, once Tesla is ready to move on it, there shouldn't really be any significant barriers to getting started. Which probably is explanation enough for Emeryville being listed on that sign of local coming soon superchargers.

The second location is for a supercharger in the nearby Public Market complex. That one is still In Review and working its way through that process, not yet approved. I think that location was one of the ones that was originally under discussion in this thread as well, but when we saw a new address in some of the city filings we assumed that it had changed locations. I'm guessing we were wrong and that there were just always 2 applications (either that or the Public Market location was dropped by Tesla without them officially dropping it and just left to indefinitely sit on the back burner. But that wasn't really the sense I got when speaking to the building official). No information on exact siting of that supercharger within the Public Market complex or on the number of stalls was given.

EDIT: here's a pic showing just how close the locations would be (but the green "custom" pin for Public Market is just on the main building, since we don't yet know which parking lot/garage it may go in)

View attachment 431236

View attachment 573715

There was! For long we were thinking this would be the location for: Supercharger - Emeryville, CA - Powell Street Plaza (LIVE 28 Mar 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

We had a desert in East Bay for years and now, we are going to have so many stations that SF Tesla Owners would probably come over here to Supercharge...

• Funny
Reactions: israndy

View attachment 573715
Actually, this was the first location discussed in the Powell St Supercharger thread. It was also added on Supercharge Info at the time
Supercharger - Emeryville, CA - Powell Street Plaza (LIVE 28 Mar 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

There was! For long we were thinking this would be the location for: Supercharger - Emeryville, CA - Powell Street Plaza (LIVE 28 Mar 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

We had a desert in East Bay for years and now, we are going to have so many stations that SF Tesla Owners would probably come over here to Supercharge...
Actually, this was the first location discussed in the Powell St Supercharger thread. It was also added on Supercharge Info at the time
Supercharger - Emeryville, CA - Powell Street Plaza (LIVE 28 Mar 2020, 12 V3 stalls)
Yeah, but when the planning documents put out by Emeryville showed the address change to the Powell Street Plaza spot, everyone reasonably assumed that the originally planned Public Market location had been dropped in favor of the new address. In reality, though, the documents were reporting a new spot and Tesla was continuing to work on both. The original Public Market location just got slowed down by that property's development schedule and as a result it took longer.

That current EVGo charger has been there forever, like I said, went there in 2015 before all this Tesla bruhaha.

I was at the Mission Viejo SpC this week and they have EVGo, Electrify America, and Tesla Supercharging all in one little plot. I would say it was very brand agnostic, but there was nobody there but Tesla owners. Perhaps if they put in a free Volta charger they would have attracted some non-Tesla traffic.

• Funny
Reactions: smartypnz
V3 for sure !!!

I counted 12 stalls, which make sense with the 3 cabinets of 1 MW, but why such gap with the last stall on the very left?
May be some future plan for adding more stalls, or for ADA access?

Or may be the building was designed with a back door access, which is currently covered, but there is still a sign on the wall,
and the landlord still want to keep loading access in case a shop might need it in the future?

Last edited:
Reactions: kevin1