Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Emporia, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
City building inspector replied "We usually have to inspect before the electrical company sets the meter but during this pandemic I am not sure what they will do." Therefore, the contractor has not asked for an inspection yet. Why, no clue, but the inspector will email me when the contractor calls and his department completes the inspection. The utility is Evergy.

Reactions: GleanerC
From my experience in the construction world, you can bet that the contractor wants to get paid ASAP. So my first instinct would be that it is something on Tesla's end holding things up.

That being said, I saw plenty of times when the contractor could have gotten paid, but went on to other stuff that paid better at the moment. Or they had to stamp out a fire somewhere else, and getting paid for the work they'd just completed wasn't high on the priority list.

Saw tons of other stuff that would make you shake your head, but evidently made sense in their world.

8AB11D47-D82C-4E1E-B6DD-835A9728560F.jpeg

I went by on Monday 4/19. There was a crew working on the inside of the enclosures. Progress?!?

Attachments

• 8E7FBBF8-E26E-4860-B149-DC3D4B59FB9C.jpeg
    8E7FBBF8-E26E-4860-B149-DC3D4B59FB9C.jpeg
    635.5 KB · Views: 72
  • F1392C86-E152-4788-A9F1-EB38D03E543F.jpeg
    F1392C86-E152-4788-A9F1-EB38D03E543F.jpeg
    485.8 KB · Views: 70
City inspector said the guys in the picture above are from the utility, and they installed the meter. He also said Tesla workers were calibrating the electrical equipment after his inspection. So, it should be soon. If it doesn't show up soon, type in "House of Ma", the superchargers are directly in front of the restaurants in the strip mall.

As MarkoC said, it could be several days to several weeks before it shows up on the car display. Two superchargers that I have used did not show up on my car display for many weeks; Henrietta, TX and Acworth,GA. I called Tesla customer service to complain about the Acworth charger. Tesla customer representative said it didn't exist because it did not show up on PlugShare. I told them I was at Acworth charging. It took 45 days.

About the Henrietta location, I asked a Tesla technician who was working on a charger while I was in Rancho Cucamonga, CA why the Henrietta didn't show on the map. Henrietta had been reported on Supercharge.info as open for four weeks before I got there and it was another two weeks before I met the technician in the LA area.

• Informative
Reactions: tilt and MarkoC