Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Emporia, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP, the site is live. You can barely make out the green light on my charging port.

Got my first first-day session in. Hope someone hadn’t charged earlier in the week and didn’t report it here, so that remains. Will report in an join the fun on the Most Superchargers Visited thread in the coming days.

My first time charging at a v3 Supercharger. Someone must have left right before I was there right after sunset. I could hear a pump or fan running inside one of the pedestals when I got out of the car, apparently for the liquid cooling in the cable, which is noticeably thinner than the ones on the v2 cabinets. After my car was plugged in for a few minutes, I also noticed the sound of a fan/pump running in the pedestal I was using.

Like @BestyS, I didn't get a great charging speed, but I was also at about 60-65% SOC when I plugged in.

IMG_0044.jpeg

Congratulations midwesterners for finally having this supercharger! I don’t live in the area anymore but I remember the early posts about it in 2015, it has been a long road for this one. I’m sure the trip from wichita to KC is a lot easier now.