Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Emporia, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by the location yesterday morning (2/19) on my way from Wichita to KC and noticed a truck being unloaded. I drove by again in the evening on the way back to Wichita and took a couple of pictures. There was one big package labeled "Tesla Energy", one pallet with brown boxes, and a LOT of different cables. It was too cold to do a proper investigation, but it looks like we might finally have everything needed to finish construction.

View attachment 513101 View attachment 513102
Do your pictures show all the equipment? I could be wrong, but if there's only 1 white "Tesla Energy crate" and two "Do Not Stack boxes", wouldn't that mean only 4 stalls instead of 8?

Thank you for the pics.That’s really good to see. I’m planning on going through Emporia on the way to KC the beginning of March. It would be nice if it were available by then, but that probably a little to optimistic. At the very least I would hope there has been a lot of progress by then.

I drove by the location yesterday morning (2/19) on my way from Wichita to KC and noticed a truck being unloaded. I drove by again in the evening on the way back to Wichita and took a couple of pictures. There was one big package labeled "Tesla Energy", one pallet with brown boxes, and a LOT of different cables. It was too cold to do a proper investigation, but it looks like we might finally have everything needed to finish construction.

That is exciting! Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update! Finished by Wednesday night when I need it seems like too much to hope for, but I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

• Funny
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Would be really nice to get this one done. The gap between Wichita and Olathe can be a bit perilous in winter months but this will put any potential concerns to bed for once. If only we could have an urban charger in Manhattan would my supercharger life be complete, but that probably will never happen. Glad they at least built more destination/level 2 chargers there at least.

Would be really nice to get this one done. The gap between Wichita and Olathe can be a bit perilous in winter months but this will put any potential concerns to bed for once. If only we could have an urban charger in Manhattan would my supercharger life be complete, but that probably will never happen. Glad they at least built more destination/level 2 chargers there at least.
I wouldn't mind an Urban Supercharger in Manhattan myself. The existing Level 2 chargers are too slow. Thankfully my brother has a 6-50 outlet but I usually have to charge all night before heading back to Colorado. An Urban Supercharger would greatly decrease my charge times in Manhattan. Once I blew a fuse at his house and had to charge up at the Evergy Energy (Westar) charger by Home Depot. That took forever but once Home Depot opened, I was able to get a new fuse and then charge overnight at my brother's again.

My friend who lives in Emporia and the Chief Building Inspector took these daytime pictures View attachment 513628 16199.jpeg 16201.jpeg 16205.jpeg .
499361-2a5fc3dabbdf7a905e73151e0a3e42a2.jpg

Attachments

• Emporia 1.jpg
    Emporia 1.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Emporia 2.jpg
    Emporia 2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Informative
Reactions: GleanerC and reddy