Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Emporia, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a whim, I took a drive through the Flint Hills this morning to stop by this site a few hours ago. No signs of construction. No equipment or barricades near the job site. The ground hadn’t even been marked for trenching (flags, etc...). If the parking this morning was any sign, there will not be any issues with spots being blocked. The last few spots on the row north of where the Superchargers are going in are reserved for the bank. No vehicles were parked near the proposed site.

Just arrived in Wichita from Overland Park. In PERFECT conditions (temps in mid 60s to high 50s, no wind) I made it to the charger in the Hyatt garage in my midrange 3. I did add just a bit at the Towanda level 2 charger just in case.

In the past, I’ve driven my husband’s ICE car or detoured through Topeka, neither of which is desirable.

SO glad the day is coming when I won’t have to stress over this trip that I have to make about a half dozen times a year for work.

Thanks for the updates!!!

Emporia Supercharger under construction

Attachments

• IMG_20191111_160432136.jpg
    IMG_20191111_160432136.jpg
    453.1 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_20191111_160107369.jpg
    IMG_20191111_160107369.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 223
Tesla has an approved permit. The permit number is BP-19-00918 and will have 8 stations. ... closer to in front of Dollar General - 1330 Industrial Rd because the easement has more space. I talked with Kory last Wednesday, and he provided me with the permit number Monday, 9/30/19.

Thanks @ScooterJim

supercharge.info

Attachments

• IMG_20191111_160432136.jpg
    IMG_20191111_160432136.jpg
    453.1 KB · Views: 191
Reactions: emupilot
Super odd they couldn't find a suitable sport on the north side of the highway by all of the hotels, Walmart, and food...
The original location was north of I-35 and Industrial st. It was to go at the Montana Mike's by Starbucks and the hotels. But they went out if business after the deal with Tesla causing the delay. Not sure how they decided on the new location. But it is right next to Ichiban Asian Fusion Bistro. Great place for habaci and sushi.

The original location was north of I-35 and Industrial st. It was to go at the Montana Mike's by Starbucks and the hotels. But they went out if business after the deal with Tesla causing the delay. Not sure how they decided on the new location. But it is right next to Ichiban Asian Fusion Bistro. Great place for habaci and sushi.
I went by yesterday 11/15. No change from your picture above. . I am excited to have it and avoid heading to west Topeka to charge coming home to Wichita from Lawrence after visiting my son and watching Jayhawk basketball!

Glad you guys have posted pictures and updates! I can confirm 100% they are V3 Supercharger’s. A friend of mine who is a mobile tech confirmed this for me a couple days ago. He wasn’t exactly sure what the holdup was as far as them not being done yet but said they are supposed to be completed here real soon. This would have been very nice along time ago after all those trips I made driving from Wichita to Manchester on one charge going basically 60 mph. Now I live in Tulsa so it doesn’t do me much but glad you guys get to enjoy it and good to know they are V3

• Informative
Reactions: kwjayhawk
Glad you guys have posted pictures and updates! I can confirm 100% they are V3 Supercharger’s. A friend of mine who is a mobile tech confirmed this for me a couple days ago. He wasn’t exactly sure what the holdup was as far as them not being done yet but said they are supposed to be completed here real soon. This would have been very nice along time ago after all those trips I made driving from Wichita to Manchester on one charge going basically 60 mph. Now I live in Tulsa so it doesn’t do me much but glad you guys get to enjoy it and good to know they are V3
You say "Manchester" as if it is some world famous global city.

You say "Manchester" as if it is some world famous global city.
I can promise you that is the last thing I was thinking when I mentioned "Manchester". Not really sure why you made that comment I was just naming the proper location I actually meant to say the Independence Supercharger. I slipped up and said Manchester which is where the service center is "not for long apparently they are building a brand new service center closer to downtown KC".

• Love
Reactions: Karen in MN
I can promise you that is the last thing I was thinking when I mentioned "Manchester". Not really sure why you made that comment I was just naming the proper location I actually meant to say the Independence Supercharger. I slipped up and said Manchester which is where the service center is "not for long apparently they are building a brand new service center closer to downtown KC".
I made the comment because in trying to figure out what area you were talking about I found a Manchester in Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, and one near St. Louis, but most of them were tiny towns and none of them seemed to make sense for the distances you were describing so it was a head scratcher.