Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Emporia, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any update on this? I took the Wichita-Salina-KC route this past weekend but am looking forward to being able to go straight along 35 with our SR+.
Not an update but just an inquiry - what was the reasoning for detouring through Salina as opposed to Topeka for that trip? Not enough (comfortable in winter) range to do the extra 50 miles to Topeka? I thought the SR was ~240?

Mainly just because we were wanting to show the car off to my wife's parents who live north of Abilene so we drove them down and back from Wichita, it was a learning experience for sure though as we charged at the supercharger the night before leaving it overnight at 200 miles only to wake up to 180 miles which I thought would be enough for the 95 mile drive to Salina, not quite though with the temps, the fully loaded car and the cold front rushing north to south in our face. Had to stop at McPherson for an hour for lunch. Of course all of this could have been avoided if my grandfather in-law had just let us plug in at their house...

Mainly just because we were wanting to show the car off to my wife's parents who live north of Abilene so we drove them down and back from Wichita, it was a learning experience for sure though as we charged at the supercharger the night before leaving it overnight at 200 miles only to wake up to 180 miles which I thought would be enough for the 95 mile drive to Salina, not quite though with the temps, the fully loaded car and the cold front rushing north to south in our face. Had to stop at McPherson for an hour for lunch. Of course all of this could have been avoided if my grandfather in-law had just let us plug in at their house...
You might check to make sure Summon Standby is disabled. That might help with the vampire drain.

• Informative
Reactions: Karen in MN

I hear you on the plugging in at family’s house. Asking for the WiFi password can be tricky for some, but asking to use $2 of electricity... I guess to some in their mind it’s a “full tank” at QT.

I’m hoping Emporia is up by Feb.

Pictures from today. No visible progress since Nov 23rd.
20200103_111315.jpg
20200103_111302.jpg
20200103_111245.jpg

I also noticed that the site doesn't appear to have any primary power lines running to it, either above or below ground. Maybe part of the delay? Otherwise, no cabinets beyond what is pictured and no chargers. Some dirt spillage into the parking stalls but otherwise they are not blocked off.

Just went by emporia supercharger site. Unfortunately no change. I did a little snooping and did find the conduit is all in up to the electricity source. I, however, think it has been there since the earlier pics.

Agreed, I didn't think to get a picture at the time, but this is how the conduit looked at the electric pole back on November 23rd.

Bummer. My last trip from Overland Park to Wichita was in October, literally the day there was real information. I was so hopeful that by the time my next trip came up (which is next week) I’d be able to drive my mid-range 3. Guess I’ll be driving my husband’s ICE car again.

I drove by the location yesterday morning (2/19) on my way from Wichita to KC and noticed a truck being unloaded. I drove by again in the evening on the way back to Wichita and took a couple of pictures. There was one big package labeled "Tesla Energy", one pallet with brown boxes, and a LOT of different cables. It was too cold to do a proper investigation, but it looks like we might finally have everything needed to finish construction.

20200219_205728.jpg
20200219_205846.jpg