Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Encinitas, CA - Encinitas Blvd (under construction Oct 2023, 8 V3 stalls and service center)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharger sleuth, MarcoRP, found the permit for a future service center in Encinitas, CA with notes for 8 supercharger stalls that appear to be public accessible (Not limited to Tesla staff). This is the site of a current BMW stealership.

Of all the places to put a Supercharger in this area, this is probably the worst.

Any other parking lot in the area would put you right next door to at least some sort of food joint. I put a red square where the Superchargers will go...

Edit: Somehow I totally missed that Tesla is moving in here for service - much better than the BMW dealer!

That makes a lot more sense. But still - even 4 Superchargers would be nice in any of the other nearby shopping centers...

2023-02-22_02-48.png

How personally ironic. The last ICE I bought was a BMW X5 bought from this very dealership about 11 years ago.
Wow me too, same exact except 10 years ago. That dealership though was by far the worst customer service experience I've ever had in any business dealings, not just auto. So I think I'm actually more happy to see them leave. This turning to a service center is bonus lol

Reactions: gaswalla
Of all the places to put a Supercharger in this area, this is probably the worst.

Any other parking lot in the area would put you right next door to at least some sort of food joint. I put a red square where the Superchargers will go...

Edit: Somehow I totally missed that Tesla is moving in here for service - much better than the BMW dealer!

That makes a lot more sense. But still - even 4 Superchargers would be nice in any of the other nearby shopping centers...

View attachment 909970
It is literally within 3 minutes walking distance to 5 fast food places. It is fine. And they’ll have a bathroom on site.

And it’ll serve double duty if they install Magic Docks. Other EV owners get to browse a Tesla showroom while charging!

My only concern is that it is only 8 spots. I suspect they’ll get full fairly often.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl and bmah

BMW closed this week. Nice sized Tesla service center incoming.
The BMW dealership is now closed in Escondido as well - assuming they also moved to Carlsbad. Maybe another spot for a Tesla Service Center and Supercharger!

So I just drove past this site. They had concrete trucks pouring curbs. Nothing exciting but at least some exterior work is being done and I also saw a temporary power set up meaning some amount of interior work is also going on.

I went by there today. They've cleaned up and repaved the entire front sections (upper and lower) and even putting in EV lettering for some parking spaces. BUT there's no conduits or any sign of charging stations! Very odd...

IMG_5569.JPG

IMG_5570.JPG

So the Supercharging permit has changed. Here's a link to the latest permit info.

They've moved the Superchargers across the parking lot and split them into 2 ADA spots, and 6 regular spots. I went by there yesterday and didn't see any construction for this yet, although there is a fair bit of renovation activity inside the building.

1687366707475.png