Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Enfield, NS

As per the title

• HWY 2 location just off the 102 (Irving Big Stop)

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Bell Blvd location at the airport (simply Irving)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in Nova Scotia

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Somewhere in Canada

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here
we are planning trip to PEI & NS from toronto
hoping it will open up soon.
cheers
We just did a 2400 mile trip from NH to PEI, then toured NB and NS. We had no issues in PEI as there's a fair amount of public LV2 chargers. NS was a bit trickier as we were up along the Bay of Fundy and the LV2 charging was slow (30A at best), but all in all we had no issues without supercharging. For what that's worth.

The fleet club at Stad has 4 chargers in the visitor parking area. They’re usually turned off, but there’s a toggle switch on the side to turn them back on. You might need to power cycle them a couple of time before they’ll give a green connection, but they do work. For Tesla’s, they’re going to give you a grounding fault, and be limited to 22 amps at 208 v, but they’ve removed the time limits on those parking spots if you’re there to charge (I’ve tested leaving my X there all day without issue).
Other chargers I’ve used in downtown include the following:
1) the Eaton charger at Dalhousie DalTech campus. It’s the only 80amp level 2 charger in the area. Free to use, however it’s only available to the public after class hours (basically after 5pm). It’s accessible via the campus on Barrington, or there’s an access via the Halifax Public Library on Spring Garden road. There are also chargers in the Library’s parking structure, however it’s paid parking there.
2) there’s the Chademo/ccs Flo Charger at the Superstore on Barrington near the train station. Pay to use, of course.
3) two bullfrog chargers in the Scotia Square parking structure (check PlugShare for their level).

There are others scattered around, but those are my gotos when I need a charge. PlugShare is pretty up to date locally, and I highly recommend consulting it if you need to find power.
We had a great two day visit with old friends and family in Halifax and a very nice stay at Stad. Thanks so much for your recommendations. Unfortunately, the Enfield supercharger came on line two days after we left and the units located at the Fleet Club on Stad were damaged and will be off line indefinitely, so we were dependent on level 2 units located in town.

Your recommendation to charge at the DalTech campus (our Model 3 charged at 48 amps) during off hours worked out well—very convenient to Spring Garden Road restaurants and a short walk to the Halifax Public Gardens, which are locations we would have visited even without the need to charge. But we are looking forward to having the flexibility the Enfield supercharger will provide on visits later this summer. Now the wait begins to see if Auld’s Cove becomes a reality so we can easily visit Cape Breton.

We had a great two day visit with old friends and family in Halifax and a very nice stay at Stad. Thanks so much for your recommendations. Unfortunately, the Enfield supercharger came on line two days after we left and the units located at the Fleet Club on Stad were damaged and will be off line indefinitely, so we were dependent on level 2 units located in town.

Your recommendation to charge at the DalTech campus (our Model 3 charged at 48 amps) during off hours worked out well—very convenient to Spring Garden Road restaurants and a short walk to the Halifax Public Gardens, which are locations we would have visited even without the need to charge. But we are looking forward to having the flexibility the Enfield supercharger will provide on visits later this summer. Now the wait begins to see if Auld’s Cove becomes a reality so we can easily visit Cape Breton.
Those Stad ones have been broken since they went in. ;) . Contractor backed his truck into each one after he installed ‘em :D. They still work though.

• Informative
Reactions: ArcticStation
In 2017, I took a road trip and just happened to pass through the Houston area a week after Harvey came through and then Florida a week after Irma came through.

The first sign of devastation was when I stopped at the supercharger in Victoria, TX which had been hit hard by Harvey's eye wall. It is hosted by a La Quinta hotel. The hotels signs were blown off and some windows were blown out and it just had a hand-written sign on the front door saying that it was closed for the foreseeable future (I looked online about a year later and it was still closed!). I had to stop and clear debris from the parking lot to be sure I didn't end up with a flat tire, but the superchargers worked just fine despite the surrounding devastation.

There are superchargers in flood-prone areas, such as Columbus, TX, where the cabinets are put on a raised platform to ensure that they don't get flooded and go offline. When I stopped there, neighboring parking lots were still flooded, but the superchargers worked fine and the supercharger lot was dry.

The supercharger in Marathon, FL (in the low-lying Florida Keys) is at the airport which is the highest elevation spot in the area. I drove out there the first day the highway was open to the general public after Irma. It was utter devastation with entire houses moved off their foundations and sitting on the other side of the highway and many other houses just completely destroyed. They had basically just bulldozed a path through the debris to get the highway open. But the superchargers worked fine! As I was charging some of the FEMA guys came up and asked me about the car. After I was done, I had to turn around because there was a dusk till dawn curfew past Marathon and it was already getting dark.

Obviously, Nova Scotia is not nearly as prone to hurricanes as Texas and Florida, so it's likely that Tesla didn't take the same type of precautions when they built this site. But the moral of the story is that for the most part, the only limiting factor seems to be access to the supercharger parking lot and the local electricity grid. If you have both of those working, you should be able to supercharge.