Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Entiat, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would love to drive Hwy 20 next year (from Burlington to Entiat SCs)! I don't think my car can make it with all the elevation...plus charging to 100% at a starting supercharger would take forever. I do notice a number of Level 2s chargepoints along the way on Plugshare. Anyone recommend one of those along Hwy20?
Most people stop in Winthrop for a few hrs. There is (was?) a charger at a park. Also twisp has a NWPlug-in Hugh Amp charger

Reactions: Big Earl
I would love to drive Hwy 20 next year (from Burlington to Entiat SCs)! I don't think my car can make it with all the elevation...plus charging to 100% at a starting supercharger would take forever. I do notice a number of Level 2s chargepoints along the way on Plugshare. Anyone recommend one of those along Hwy20?
The one at Twispworks is reliable and free. There's a nice food truck usually parked there too. 48A charger wouldn't take you too long to get enough electrons to make it downhill to Entiat from there. Staying overnight at Twisp River Suites or Sun Mtn Lodge is nice too.

Nothing really new to report, besides one bank of cabinets? installed

Attachments

• BD338107-18C5-4C71-A96B-34C6DB556A09.jpeg
    BD338107-18C5-4C71-A96B-34C6DB556A09.jpeg
    580.2 KB · Views: 125
  • D031E81C-00ED-4CC9-992D-4F6BC5678B9B.jpeg
    D031E81C-00ED-4CC9-992D-4F6BC5678B9B.jpeg
    458.6 KB · Views: 114
The TwispWorks 80A charger is often taken so I wouldn't count on it. The one in Mazama (Mazama Country Inn) is less used, and the one at Pine Near Campground in Winthrop is usually available, although the parking spot might be taken. The one in Pateros is also usually available. Winthrop is working on adding two level 2 and two level 3 (CHAdeMO and CCS) chargers at their town park but nothing for sure yet.

Someone in the fb group posted this Friday morning:

"The Entiat Supercharger will be turned on later today. Dropped by and talked to the work crew about 15 minutes ago. They were pressure washing the site."

I'm skeptical because it sounds like he was talking to the contractor and maybe they were wrapping up their work, but we all know it can take days, weeks, or even months for the site to get tested and activated. I did follow up to ask if there was a Tesla employee on site, but did not receive a response. Anyways, it's worth checking out again if someone is in the area, but I'm not at all confident it will actually be active as the poster suggests.