Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Epsom, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
A new the Common Man Roadside is being developed in Epsom, NH with an address of 910 Suncook Valley Highway. The site plans include a proposal for 8 Tesla superchargers and 3 ChargePoint stations. This project is similar to the Portsmouth NH location mentioned in Supercharger - Portsmouth, NH. The plan was proposed a year ago and the site may already be under construction.

@
Note: address correction on this future site - 1910 Suncook Valley Highway which is right on Epsom circle. Many of the documents show 910, but the plans and at least one document clearly show and state it's 1910 at the site of "Mr Gas Plus" 1910 Dover Rd, Epsom, NH 03234

I note that just to the south of the site on the Suncook Valley Highway Google Maps indicated 904 Suncook Valley Highway S has a used car dealership. So I think the address on the plan is correct, it's just that the Mr Gas Plus is addressed on US-202, which is W-E as Dover Rd, and is coincidentally at 1910.

The plan was discusssed at the 8/11/2021 Planning Board meeting, and then continued to 8/25/2021.

The 8/11 meetting very briefly discussed charging stations and it seems to all be from Granite State Convenience's/Common Man's side, not from Tesla. They have chargers at Hooksett and they took possible charging stations into account in their plan. The Chargepoints would depend on funds being available from the NH fund. Note that on the plan the Tesla and Chargepoint charging stations are marked as Future, rather than Proposed, so they weren't indicated as being included in the initial rebuild.

So, I don't think this merits a blue dot.

The 8/25 meeting gave conditional approval to modified plans and the minutes mentioned eliminating one of the entrances.
The 8/11 said that subject to permits and purchase construction would begin Spring 2022, and I'd be curious as to whether this ultimately went ahead.

I drove by this site in early September - zero signs of construction, and in fact the existing Mr. Gas business at the address seemed to be open - I thought it had been noted in one of the planning meetings that it was closed.

A number of c-store + charging station projects underway in New England start off with the supercharger component either shown as future, or missing altogether in the initial site plans. For whatever reason, the supercharger site plan seems to be done after the fact and submitted separately for review/approval sometimes as late as just prior to c-store completion. This has been the case with many of the Neon Marketplace builds underway. As you noted, I suspect the c-store developer is driving these supercharger builds, and works in parallel with Tesla to get the supercharger project added by Tesla, with Tesla needing to weave these builds in with the projects they have in mind already.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Epsom, NH

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Common Man Roadside Market
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-4, US-202
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-4

To: End (I-95/US-1 Portsmouth, NH) - 33.7 miles
Diversion: 0 miles

US-202

To: Rochester, NH (v2) - 24.5 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Windham, ME - 80.8 miles (Construction)

Reactions: Kewmpie1 and kayak1
Looks like they have been busy at the Epsom location. Building isn’t done but looks like the superchargers, 8 to be exact, are ready. It’s one of there pre build drop in units. Looks like the transformer is in too, hopefully it’s all ready for the grand opening! I took these photos next door in the McDonald’s parking lot.

Attachments

• IMG_2481.jpeg
    IMG_2481.jpeg
    982.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_2483.jpeg
    IMG_2483.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 68
Looks like they have been busy at the Epsom location. Building isn’t done but looks like the superchargers, 8 to be exact, are ready. It’s one of there pre build drop in units. Looks like the transformer is in too, hopefully it’s all ready for the grand opening! I took these photos next door in the McDonald’s parking lot.

Very cool, thanks for the update! Any sign of a meter (likely on the transformer, or on one of the supercharger cabinets)?

Reactions: kayak1
Thanks for the photos. I was actually planning to pay this site a visit tomorrow morning on my way by to see if there was any sign of supercharger construction, but admit I didn't expect to find anything quite yet.

Oh, and looking at the photos - that's not a pre-fab installation. Prefab units are groups of four charging posts with the supercharger cabinets attached/built-in to the unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: kayak1
Thanks for the photos. I was actually planning to pay this site a visit tomorrow morning on my way by to see if there was any sign of supercharger construction, but admit I didn't expect to find anything quite yet.

Oh, and looking at the photos - that's not a pre-fab installation. Prefab units are groups of four charging posts with the supercharger cabinets attached/built-in to the unit.
Oh good to know. I plan to take a closer look soon. I was in a rush this time