Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Erie, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to clarify, Erie is still shown as a site on the 2015 and 2016 pages, but it was removed from the "Coming Soon" sites in grey on the "Today" page. I fear they may have hit roadblocks in their negotiations for a site that may have been tentatively selected (this is my speculation only, not based on any facts). Tesla definitely understands we need Erie as a site, but appear to be delaying when that site will be available.

The situation is similar for Buffalo to the Macedonia Supercharger. Reachable in milder weather, gets a little iffy in cooler weather and I wouldn't try in in cold winter conditions without a ridiculously slow intermediate boost. The Erie site would let us make the trip with no concerns about limiting speed or climate control use. I would be surprised if Erie is online before the end of the year. Hope I'm wrong.

This may be an error, but Erie is now back as a grey Opening Soon pin on the Today map, with the update of Syracuse as Currently a Open. I hope it is real, and site selection and permitting are finalized soon.

image.jpg

That's certainly good news, if accurate. One would hope that the addition of the updated Syracuse supercharger online would suggest that the information is correct. Only time will tell, and I am sure the sleuths on this forum will sniff out any activity!
One more point, the map for 2015 has a dot for Rochester, which it may have had in the past but I didn't notice. I can sniff around for activity there.

That's certainly good news, if accurate. One would hope that the addition of the updated Syracuse supercharger online would suggest that the information is correct. Only time will tell, and I am sure the sleuths on this forum will sniff out any activity!
One more point, the map for 2015 has a dot for Rochester, which it may have had in the past but I didn't notice. I can sniff around for activity there.
The 2015 map has had the Rochester dot for awhile, I think since they changed to this format. I can't imagine a better place than Eastview for the Rochester area, close to the thruway and lots of amenities. Probably should start a Rochester Supercharger thread just for speculation and sleuthing reports.

Rochester folks, what do you think of the need for an SPC in Hornell or Bath/Hammondsport, for commuting to NYC? I know you may not need this if there is one in Binghamton, but I would think this would be beneficial to allow you to charge in Binghamton on the way down, and Hornell on the way back. In addition, it would fill the gap between Erie and Binghamton on I-86.

The 2015 map has had the Rochester dot for awhile, I think since they changed to this format. I can't imagine a better place than Eastview for the Rochester area, close to the thruway and lots of amenities. Probably should start a Rochester Supercharger thread just for speculation and sleuthing reports.
Never been there so just judging by the map, but wouldn't it make more sense to put the SC in Henrietta, at the I-90/390 interchange?

Never been there so just judging by the map, but wouldn't it make more sense to put the SC in Henrietta, at the I-90/390 interchange?

There is nothing there. You could drive north to Marketplace mall but there is a mess of traffic. Eastview is right off the Thruway , the traffic can be a little dense but not bad and Eastview has a food court. Any amenities in Henrietta are only accessible by driving through some nasty traffic. I live in Florida now but moved here from The Rochester area. I agree that based on distance Henrietta is more central to Rochester but Eastview is actually dead center between Liverpool and Clarence.

Whoops! I meant to say Eastview, not Marketplace! I've been to Eastview many times - right off the Thruway, and technically I think its located in Victor NY. Like I said, great location off just off Thruway; lots of open parking; easy access; good shops and restaurant right there...

So yes EASTVIEW!

Sorry about that!

Once again, Erie, PA is no longer shown on the Supercharger map as, "Coming Soon". Still shows up when you switch to 2015 BUT if it doesn't go to permit by 3rd quarter doubt if it will be online in 2015. Buffalo was in an analogous situation last year. Didn't get permitted until well into Nov. 2014 in spite as showing up in the 2014 view as built but not starting construction until April 2015. Hope it is online by next Passover! (April 22, 2016)

Wondering if there are any updates? Is the Buffalo SC team coming to Erie?

We are planning a trip from Toronto to DC. With a range charge in Buffalo should be able to make it to Cranberry. Anyone with experience doing this in the summer in P85D?

Also does anyone know if the Peach St. Cracker Barrel has a L2 charger? The website says it does but when I called the store they weren't aware. Any where else in the Erie area we can get a quick charge if needed.