Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Erwin, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to follow up to this comment. Below is an image I should have also posted of what was "behind" the view of the original. Looks like they will put a roof over it with the unfilled cement tubes? NYSEG was there this morning doing something to the adjacent lines. To be continued...<pic1/>[
Those holes might be to put bollards or fencing in.

New view of SCs with aesthetic rocks and "coming soon" covers. <pic2/>

So we see the (green) distribution cabinet along with the (white) Supercharger cabinets. The pedestals are all in with cables.

We just need the transformer and meter, and the final commissioning from Tesla.
The transformer has almost always been a slab, but there was at least one (Tannersville, PA?) that had 3 200kW "trash can" transformers up on a pole.

Reactions: jrreno
Wanted to follow up to this comment. Below is an image I should have also posted of what was "behind" the view of the original. Looks like they will put a roof over it with the unfilled cement tubes? NYSEG was there this morning doing something to the adjacent lines. To be continued...View attachment 232455
New view of SCs with aesthetic rocks and "coming soon" covers.
View attachment 232456

The tubes are likely for impact barriers.

Those holes might be to put bollards or fencing in.

So we see the (green) distribution cabinet along with the (white) Supercharger cabinets. The pedestals are all in with cables.

We just need the transformer and meter, and the final commissioning from Tesla.
The transformer has almost always been a slab, but there was at least one (Tannersville, PA?) that had 3 200kW "trash can" transformers up on a pole.

Wytheville, VA transformers (3) are pole mounted also.

We did not drive past this supercharger on our way out last week. We are used to taking smaller roads to get to I-86 a bit north and east of Bath area. Definitely will need this when the weather turns cold. Next trip is in September/October. Should have a couple of months of operation by then.

Just stopped by and it still isn’t open yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Informative
Reactions: Thinkje
I'm planning a road trip (renting a Model S) and one of the stops will be in the Washington D.C area. I see on the Tesla site that there is a store at the Bethesda-Montgomery Mall. However, it isn't clear on the site if there are any supercharger stalls there. Can anyone confirm if there is a supercharger. Thanks for your help.

I'm planning a road trip (renting a Model S) and one of the stops will be in the Washington D.C area. I see on the Tesla site that there is a store at the Bethesda-Montgomery Mall. However, it isn't clear on the site if there are any supercharger stalls there. Can anyone confirm if there is a supercharger. Thanks for your help.
No, those are gone now that Laural was put in. -- Peter

• Informative
Reactions: MTL_HABS1909
Man, the wait... I am thinking of spending a few days in Watkins Glen if/when this supercharger comes online.

The RV park there has NEMA 14-50 chargers that you can use. We covered that option the first time we went to Ithaca from Chicago when we had an S60D. Ended up making it with like 7-8 rated miles but that 14-50 was good to have marked (just after the bridge in downtown on the right is a RV park). They said we could charge for an hour for free when we called but if we stayed longer it was like $25/nt. They were really nice but hadn't heard of an EV ever. I wish we stopped just to spread the Tesla love.