Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Escanaba, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... FYI, the Quality Inn in Escanaba was excellent. They had 2 Tesla chargers but one was only pulling 16A (yellow flashed but charged) and the other the full 56A (12 kW). I reported it to the front desk as well as pressed the red reset button on the one putting out 16A but that didn't help it.
Quality Inn and suites on Plugshare. Electrician was in yesterday to swap out the breaker. Now right side not working. Left only pulling 10kw. GM said should be fixed in a couple days as he didn't have part to old fuse box..... Not going over to Meijer to check on it. so I can make it to Howard.
Thanks for that update.

• Informative
Reactions: Calimenti
I was toying with the idea of driving from Chicago back to Petoskey through the UP in a few weeks to see the colors. Sounds like overnight at the Quality Inn in Escanaba is a good charging option. Any others between Escanaba and Petoskey? What would be really great is if there were super chargers in Escanaba and Mackinaw...

J1772s. Not always, but sometimes

I find Tesla's Destination Chargers to be more consistent in terms of power they provide; the third party J1772 chargers can be all over the map. Though the Plugshare phone app aska for the voltage and amperage you got when you check-in on a charger, the Plugshare map doesn't seem to show this info. So, when you do charge some place, please document in the comments how many amps and volts and miles-of-range-per-hour-of-charging (MPH) you got so people can see which chargers are better and which are less so.

Reactions: Big Earl
I find Tesla's Destination Chargers to be more consistent in terms of power they provide; the third party J1772 chargers can be all over the map. Though the Plugshare phone app aska for the voltage and amperage you got when you check-in on a charger, the Plugshare map doesn't seem to show this info. So, when you do charge some place, please document in the comments how many amps and volts and miles-of-range-per-hour-of-charging (MPH) you got so people can see which chargers are better and which are less so.

+1

This has been my experience as well. Ever since I started traveling in my Tesla I’ve documented, on PlugShare, the voltage & amperage at every station I use. I find this more useful than pictures of puppies.

Reactions: Calimenti
Currently at the Quality Inn in Esky, getting a much needed charge after driving from the Petoskey area today, 185 actual miles but 35 degrees, 15 mph headwind, rain with a bit of slushy mix. Our MS 90D made it with plenty of range left, but definitely need a full charge for the run tomorrow to Wausau and on to Minneapolis. The left charger here not working correctly, but the right one is pulling 48 amps and seems to be working fine, 32 mph charge rate. I reported the problem to the front desk. So glad this option exists or the trip across the UP would not be possible.
Plan to swing by the Meijer's before leaving town tomorrow to see if there is any sign of activity...

Certainly at this time of the year...but during the summer...I would disagree. :) See my post in this thread (#60) as to why...
Yes, agree it can be done in the summer, but still pretty close. I don't like to push the limit, especially with the colder weather outside. It was 22 degrees when we left Escanaba yesterday and didn't get above 34 by the time we got to Wausau with about 18% left. A very pretty drive with sunshine and lots of leaf color right now.

Stopped in at Meijer's in Escanaba yesterday. Still no sign of any progress for the SC... But at least some activity across the country is starting to appear on supercharge.info with 16 under construction, a big jump since the end of the 3rd quarter.

I think Tesla needs to update their map. Clearly they are not going to open all the SC's that they have "targeted" for 2018 in the next 6 weeks. I'm guessing that if they haven't even started this one that they won't begin until spring 2019 at this point.