Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Escanaba, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Tesla needs to update their map. Clearly they are not going to open all the SC's that they have "targeted" for 2018 in the next 6 weeks. I'm guessing that if they haven't even started this one that they won't begin until spring 2019 at this point.

Well, you got your wish. They all say 2019 now. I hope your prediction of a spring opening materializes. Happy New Year to all.

Though, as Plus EV said, it isn’t the most useful, because they aren’t everywhere and sometimes destination chargers are slower than normal chargers
Agreed. I once stayed at a “10 kW” charger that could barely output 6 kW. OTOH with Chargepoint I have never seen such issues — 6.6 kW chargers will always output between 6 and 7 kW depending on the voltage.

So as usual, YMMV.

Let's hope for early spring! Does anyone know if the Quality Inn has fixed their issues and has both destination chargers working correctly?

We stayed there on a Friday in mid November. One of the chargers was broken (reported to front desk), but another worked great. Full charge overnight, made it to Gaylord SC the next day.

Would be nice to be able to stay somewhere else, with the SC built though.

I hope it's soon. This charger is key to my travels across Canada, entering at Sault Ste. Marie. The Canadian government has budgeted $80M to subsidize the installation of 900 DC fast chargers across the country in 2019. I go to Montreal every fall, but most years it's been via Port Huron, MI/Sarnia, ON. Last year I went via Escanaba and Sault Ste. Marie. It was do-able but challenging (not many chargers, long distances between). But once the Escanaba SC is in, plus whatever SCs Tesla gets built between Ottawa and Winnipeg this summer especially if they're V3, plus whatever the Canadian gov't gets built this summer, driving to Montreal this fall should be a breeze. I'm excited!

Reactions: scottf200
Hope you are right. It’s been a long time and while Clare is nice Escanaba is required!

How soon can they start? Does the ground need to be thawed?

This is a pic today of the beach there.

Attachments

• 72210DDF-B384-41D7-9FFA-F7756A824471.jpeg
    72210DDF-B384-41D7-9FFA-F7756A824471.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 84