Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Escanaba, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per the Michigan permit site, there was an electric permit issued for Escanaba on 9/24/2019 under the project name "Tesla":

Record: ELEC19-05936
505 N 26TH ST
CITY OF ESCANABA
ESCANABA DELTA MI 49829
505 N 26TH ST

Neither bing maps or google maps show a building but there are labels.

oLCscGD.jpg

ndML0E5.jpg

Reactions: GSP and mociaf9
According to the Supercharge.Info map, Escanaba was already in Permit stage for 520 days. Is this a new permit, and if so does that mean it is likely to be a V3 now?

I think the supercharge.info permit status was due to the approved special land use permit at the start of this thread. This appears to be the first, new electrical permit related the chargers. I have posted all the information for the permit that I have and I do not see a way to look up detailed information including the scope of work.

According to the Supercharge.Info map, Escanaba was already in Permit stage for 520 days. Is this a new permit, and if so does that mean it is likely to be a V3 now?
SC.info uses "Permit" very loosely. Anything that is confirming a location under development but before actual construction gets a blue dot. Most of the time this is from Planning/Zoning board applications or building permits. But it could also be from mentions in city council minutes or at development boards, from site surveys, from people with first hand knowledge of future activity, etc. So just because a location has a blue "permit" dot, doesn't mean that actual permits have been found, just that it is a confirmed location we know is somewhere in the development process.
I think the supercharge.info permit status was due to the approved special land use permit at the start of this thread. This appears to be the first, new electrical permit related the chargers. I have posted all the information for the permit that I have and I do not see a way to look up detailed information including the scope of work.
The Plan Review record (PR2019PR-001765) from April 2019 has that info, but it doesn't give any information that would indicate what type of charger. Likely it will be V3 as very few new locations are getting started as V2 now unless they are urban superchargers and those wouldn't make sense for Escanaba.

Supercharger- Escanaba_plan review.JPG

Thanks for the report. Looks like we'll be waiting until next spring for any progress. Too bad, Tesla has really gotten to work on the Canadian route...the UP will be the last frontier...

“The UP: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Tesla Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.”

Yeah, that sounds like the Upper Peninsula. I'm not sure “new civilizations” is appropriate. The trans Canadian Highway (TCH) certainly qualifies as ”strange new worlds”.

again, maybe next year....

Dying lol so true!
“The UP: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Tesla Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.”

Yeah, that sounds like the Upper Peninsula. I'm not sure “new civilizations” is appropriate. The trans Canadian Highway (TCH) certainly qualifies as ”strange new worlds”.

again, maybe next year....