Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Escanaba, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very confused by that chart. If you hover on it it jumps from 2109 on Jan 21 to 2602 on Jan 22, but the data does not show any such changes on that date range. It only shows one location opening on the 21st and one opening on the 22nd.
You can read about it in this thread on the Supercharge.info forum.

What happened was that Tesla's general supercharger map stopped including data on most new Chinese superchargers at, I believe, the start of 2020; only Hong Kong area sites and a few others were kept updated. So Supercharge.info didn't have a way to keep up with Tesla's charging activity in the country because the script that they run which scrapes new sites from Tesla's map wasn't feeding them the info on the new Chinese sites. And there weren't/aren't any active editors from China who might know about new sites being activated and could keep them updated. As a result, there ended up being a huge discrepancy between what SC.info knew about and reality in China. Then an editor found a new map that listed the Chinese locations and after some clean-up and comparison work like 500 locations were added in a single day. That's why there's that huge jump in the charts page. But they decided not to include the additions in the changes log because it would've totally swamped the log for anyone looking for recent changes in non-China locations. The default display for the log is 50 entries per page, so that'd've been 10 pages of entries someone would have had to scan through before they got to what they had been looking for.

Last edited:
Yes! One more supercharger brought up on The Highline, US 2. Cant wait for the Highine Tesla Rally that is inevitable when this rural route is electrified.

That'd be great. Wish Shelby MT Supercharger - Shelby, MT
and Kalispell MT Supercharger - Northwest - Kalispell would get some.

lWgHYcz.jpg

Just wanted to throw this out. We live in Green Bay, Wi and we took a day trip up to Fayette state park and Kitch-iti-kipi or Big Springs state park. We had a 8 minute stop on the way up and 7 minute on the way home, but we made it no problem. We only had one fellow Tesla on both stops, but on the way 6 of the 8 were occupied. Oh and this was the first time I saw over 200kW charging with our SR+ nice!

Wow! 176 kW has been the max for the SR+. What software version are you on? And what model year is your car?
We have a Dec 2018, technically I think it is the mid range version? I have scan my tesla and the battery was at 115F when we started and 135F when we left. From TeslaFi

North 26th Street, Escanaba, Michigan 49829, United States7:24 PM*
-
7:32 PM*

8 Minutes
Battery Icon

41%

15% - 56%
Used: 24.4 kWh

Added: 23.15 kWh
Efficiency

94.9%
Avg Voltage: 387.63V

Max Voltage: - 392V
Avg Amps: 374.99A

Max Amps: 492.15A
Battery Heater
Charge Cost

$ 3.06
Miles Added

Odometer

Doing the math this is only 193 kW, but my son said he saw it hit 201 on the dash. We have software version 2021.24.3 Either way it was nice and fast.

We have a Dec 2018, technically I think it is the mid range version? I have scan my tesla and the battery was at 115F when we started and 135F when we left. From TeslaFi

North 26th Street, Escanaba, Michigan 49829, United States7:24 PM*
-
7:32 PM*

8 Minutes
Battery Icon

41%

15% - 56%
Used: 24.4 kWh

Added: 23.15 kWh
Efficiency

94.9%
Avg Voltage: 387.63V

Max Voltage: - 392V
Avg Amps: 374.99A

Max Amps: 492.15A
Battery Heater
Charge Cost

$ 3.06
Miles Added

Odometer

Doing the math this is only 193 kW, but my son said he saw it hit 201 on the dash. We have software version 2021.24.3 Either way it was nice and fast.

Ok, thanks for the clarification - the MR version has a larger capacity battery, so I think it's known to have higher peak kW charge rate than the SR+.

Reactions: Big Earl
I am headed up to Escanaba tomorrow and the in car navigation showed this as "Temporarily Closed" Does anyone have any infomation?
There was some parking lot work going on at the beginning of this week for the Supercharger stalls and they were all blocked off but a couple people were pulled up on the grass behind the stalls to charge or pulled up 90 deg to the one pull in spot.

I'm not sure how long the parking lot work was going to take nor if they are temporarily offline for a different reasons.

I know that this thread has been dead for a while since the Supercharger was finished, but does anyone know what is going on with the new construction at the Supercharger?

I was up there this afternoon and it looks like there has been some new conduit run from the transformer over behind the equipment enclosure. The area that it was run is kind of odd because there isn't really any space for anything, unless they are going to put in another equipment enclosure for a different brand charger?

The rumor I heard is for Tesla to get the federal funds as a charging network they need to have their charger network "open" and again the rumor is they may add CCS (and maybe chadmo?) to the existing SC sites so current EV's could charge at a Tesla supercharger. I like this option, if true, so the existing tesla chargers aren't converted to tesla/ccs and then could be tied up by non-tesla's. Don't get me wrong I am all for all EV's and charging all EV's, but adding more seems to be a better option rather than change existing to dual heads. This is all rumor of course.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
I know that this thread has been dead for a while since the Supercharger was finished, but does anyone know what is going on with the new construction at the Supercharger?

I was up there this afternoon and it looks like there has been some new conduit run from the transformer over behind the equipment enclosure. The area that it was run is kind of odd because there isn't really any space for anything, unless they are going to put in another equipment enclosure for a different brand charger?
Possibly for Electrify America chargers. EA had partnered with Meijer for a number of announced location in the region. I wouldn't be surprised if they expanded the previously announced list and were adding new ones. Escanaba seems like a no-brainer.

See Electrify America To Install Chargers At Meijer Locations

Nice. I've thought about this route in trips to east coast from Minnesota. But reliance on the destination charger at hotel in Escanaba was a concern as it could be in use, iced, or broken. This provides a backup and the opportunity to choose a different hotel if necessary.

Reactions: theothertom