Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baldwin (Espanola), ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Located at in the same lot as the Esso and Tim Hortons, just off highway 17.

Pics courtesy Ian G. :) received_2340894356232185.jpeg received_2705180016162116.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf and Chuq
McKerrow, ON

Along National Highways: TCH/ON-17

TCH:
To: Sudbury, ON - 67.4 km
Diversion: 0.1 km
To: North Bay, ON (Construction) - 196 km

To: Sault Ste Marie, MI (Permit) - 246.9 km

Another Supercharger on the TCH in Ontario.
Will also make round trips to Manitoulin Island easier.

Hurray! With this I can make it from Naubinway, MI with just a short stop in Sault Ste Marie, where I stop at the Delta hotel and charge while I run over to the shopping mall across the street to pick up a Canadian SIM card from Bell. It used to be a bit of a reach from SSM to Sudbury, and the Chademo chargers along that stretch aren't always reliable. Now it should be quite easy, only 233 miles.

Hurray! With this I can make it from Naubinway, MI with just a short stop in Sault Ste Marie, where I stop at the Delta hotel and charge while I run over to the shopping mall across the street to pick up a Canadian SIM card from Bell. It used to be a bit of a reach from SSM to Sudbury, and the Chademo chargers along that stretch aren't always reliable. Now it should be quite easy, only 233 miles.
I wouldn’t be so surprised if the SSM and Blind River SCs are currently under construction. They’ll probably all go online at the same time, so I don’t think there’s anything to worry about range-wise.

With this I can make it from Naubinway, MI with just a short stop in Sault Ste Marie, where I stop at the Delta hotel and charge while I run over to the shopping mall across the street to pick up a Canadian SIM card from Bell.
Not sure which cell carrier you use, but with Verizon, talk and text in Canada are now FREE. The only thing that sucks is data is severely throttled after some trivial amount is used (like .5 GB/day or something), so you really need to only use the internet very minimally for stuff important to your travel.

I'm not sure about other cell carriers but I know Canada (and many other countries) have been FREE with T-Mobile for quite some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Earl
Not sure which cell carrier you use, but with Verizon, talk and text in Canada are now FREE. The only thing that sucks is data is severely throttled after some trivial amount is used (like .5 GB/day or something), so you really need to only use the internet very minimally for stuff important to your travel.

I'm not sure about other cell carriers but I know Canada (and many other countries) have been FREE with T-Mobile for quite some time.

I have T-Mobile and yes, it's "free" in Canada, but the data rate is slow and the coverage is poor. I've only needed it for the data to use the Chademo chargers (pay by phone app). But that's becoming less and less necessary with each SuperCharger that gets built. Sometimes I still use the Chademos though, just for fun or convenience, e.g., I often stay at the Le Voyageur Inn in Mattawa and there's a Chademo charger literally just across the street.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
Well, I'm glad for that, and glad the charger at their station in Wawa is open, but why not SSM? That's the one that's really needed. It's 462km/287mi from Wawa to Espanola so it's not as if any EV, save for perhaps a Tesla, can make that stretch.

I was talking to a site supervisor for Petro-Canada while charging in Wawa on Wednesday. The SSM station is getting major renovations. The gas islands are being torn down and rebuilt along with part of the building. The chargers are going in as part of the Reno. So it will take quite a while.