Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Estes Park, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fantastic! I’ll use this next summer. I was wondering where I would recharge while in town. Much easier to do this than try to find a dryer outlet or J1772 .

I need to remember to not fully recharge so I have battery capacity to absorb the downhill regen. Thinking 80% should be fine for the start of the trip home coming back through Boulder. Having a full battery before heading up Trailridge Rd would be nice.

It’s a big complex and you want to head to the right and way around back. The parking booth was unattended though there was a sign indicating a $10 parking fee. Not sure how they’ll handle Teslas.
I charged there on the way back from Custer twice. The first time Sunday night - the gate was also unattended then. Drove around quite a while before finding it. The next day I returned in the afternoon to top off before heading back east. The gate was attended and when I stated I was looking for the Tesla Supercharger he gave me directions and waved me through. Hoping this will be the normal situation when attended. I also hope they put a few signs pointing you in the right direction (although I've never seen anything like that at other locations).

• Informative
Reactions: Bighorn
Stopped in today, nice spot, charged slowly though
20180529_161932.jpg

Be sure to note Bighorn's comment that the Tesla navigation directs you to turn left; you should turn right and go through the gated entrance. If there is a guard just tell him you are charging. Take the first right past the guard gate and go all the way back behind the hotel, quite a way. There is a very nice outside bar just a few steps down towards the hotel.

• Informative
Reactions: ktuffley31303
When we visited this Supercharger a couple weeks ago we took Steamer Parkway around the south side of the hotel and never saw any guard or gated entrance. We had no problem finding the Supercharger and charging even though there were about 5 cubic yards of mulch blocking access to half of the stalls.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
Stopped by to see the new SC but gate guard insisted that we needed to pay $10 “parking” fee to even see it, much less to use it!! I’m surprised that we can’t get to use the SC w/o a fee!!!
If you take the road around the southwest part of the property, you can drive right to the Supercharger. We charged there in May before it was officially open and never even saw the guard and gate. We drove right to the Supercharger and charged, no problems.
upload_2018-6-28_14-24-5.png

Sounds like the guard is misinformed or trying make a few extra dollars on the side. I would call the hotel to report it.

When we charged here we first went the left route as shown above but we were stopped by a crossing gate right before the supercharger.
we had to go to the right through the guard gate but we had no problem when we said we were just charging at the Tesla supercharger.

On our cross country trip we charged and spent the night at Loveland, CO on Sunday, June 24,2018. The next morning, Monday, June 25, 2018, we drove up the mountain to Estes Park. After driving around a bit we followed the GPS to the main gate and waited in line of cars to get in. When we finally got there the gate attendant said $10 please, even if we only wanted to charge for a short time. I did want to count this Supercharger on the Superchargers Visited thread, but not for $10. We were on our way down mountain to Bolder anyway, so did not need any charge to make the trip.

I told him "No thanks" and turn around and turned right, thinking I would try following the satellite photo to the Supercharger. As was stated earlier the best route into the Supercharger is through the back, where deliveries are made to the hotel/restaurant. When we pulled in we saw a bar across the road just before the left turn to the Superchargers. It raised up and a delivery van went through so we just followed it in. On the way out when we pulled up to it the bar raised up so we could exit.

Again, go the back way. If the bar is down just wait for a delivery vehicle to either enter or exit then go through. As soon as you go through the raised bar turn left to get to the Superchargers. No need to pay $10. Besides, the owner wants us to use this Supercharger and this is why he worked with Tesla to get it installed, not to get $10 from us every time we want to charge there.

When we charged here we first went the left route as shown above but we were stopped by a crossing gate right before the supercharger.
we had to go to the right through the guard gate but we had no problem when we said we were just charging at the Tesla supercharger.
This was also my experience. I was there about a week ago. There's a crossing gate near where it says Stanley Village Public Restrooms on that map. The guard let me right through when he saw I was in a Tesla. Simply gave me directions to the supercharger.

The President of the Denver Tesla Club is reporting on Facebook that he was charged parking to park when he charged there even though he patronized their restaurant.

The website for the Stanley states:

"SEASONAL PARKING
Due to our high flow of traffic in the summer time we have created a parking token. It's a momento medallion, one side displays the Rocky Mountain National Park Centennial logo and the other exhibits our Historic Stanley Hotel. The day fee of $10 is payable to the Guard Gate attendee upon arrival. Parking is complimentary for all guests with existing Tour, Restaurant, and Hotel reservations. New reservations made once on property do not apply and no refunds will be available after entrance. Please bring a confirmation email or booking reference number to provide to the attendee. The Centennial Medallion can be kept as a keepsake souvenir of your visit and this historic year for Estes Park or you may redeem the coin at Colorado Cherry Co., and Cascades Restaurant for $5 off any purchase. Thank you."

Estes Park Hotel - About